Season #325 - Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Back in more familiar territory. Warren Zevon. If you're joining in, I could use a harp player. I'm in G. :)

Another late entry! This is a Jack Tempchin song that was made famous by the Eagles. It mentions the desert, hopefully that is enough to meet this weeks criteria :) Thanks again for hosting Andy!

Here's a Jim Lauderdale song from the early 90's. I thought of this one early in the week, but it's not about literal hotness, but then I felt like doing it anyhow, and then I had the idea to have AlanDP add harmony to it, and he graciously obliged. Here's the results....

Andy, I re-recorded the first song I submitted for the season just now,
with two ukuleles and a nylon string guitar (and renamed it). think I just wanted a cleaner sound,
some accompaniment and a nicer clip. hope you like it mate.
thanks very much for this week.

Just got home from holidaying in Cornwall and this song seemed appropriate after a long sunny car trek home. Ran through it improvising around the chords three times and because I played it differently everytime decided the third crack was ok. Hope you like mate, cheers for hosting this one. :cheers:

Hello everybody
I went to the countryside for a famili gathering during the weekend and did not have time to record anything.
During the drive home I was trying to think of summery songs with the right connotative words, and I failed.
So, I decided to try out 'Breaking the Girl' with Red Hot Chili Peppers - I chose that song because it is summery, in my mind, and it has the word 'burning' in the lyrics.

Too Darn Hot!

I see Ylle's already beaten me to this one, but I spent a lot of time transcribing it into Musescore :)

Season of the Ukulele #325 is now officially CLOSED.

Thanks to all who participated or commented on YT videos. I will post a wrap later this evening.

For now I am off to find a calypso song...

Thanks for a great season Andy :cheers:

Well done to the worthy winners :music:

The season was smokin’! Great job, Andy.

And now I know how to pronounce Zzyzx, having driven past the exit on I-15 dozens of times!

Had a lot of fun this season Andy. Nice to have a relatively open theme after the last few weeks (i include myself in that).

Thank you for hosting a terrific Season, Andy! I loved the Season and feel really lucky to have had my name pulled for a mug. Great prizes! Thank you very much! :)

Great back story Andy. I thought the theme must have come about for our overly warm winter or your work here in the Az deserts. Congrates on a successful week and congrates to the winners :)

Top Bottom