my new uke cases

muscmp

Reaction score
i finally got cases for four of my ukes. it is difficult finding one for my baritone. i purposely got four different cases and while they were pretty cheap, they seem to be built fairly well.

I purchased the same Baritone case at MF for my Selmer style, larger body Moodyville Tenor. It’s fits great just short in the case. Well built case. I like your different looks and style of cases. Easy to pick the one you fell like playing anytime by colour! (G)

nice cases, love my crossrock case with White interior, and my special Kanilea Case with midnight blue interior.

they were all bought from ebay and all around $25 with free shipping.
thanks to all.

play music!

Those are very nice looking. So many people around here carry plain black cases that I stuck stickers all over both my black cases. Now, no one mistakes mine for theirs.

Very clever idea on the different colored cases! I have some black hard cases with stickers, and some black foam cases. Perhaps one could sew appliqués on those for a little individuality?

Nice! Great idea (as other people have said) to have different colours. I can tell all mine apart from the stickers. lol

I just bought a bari case at Walmart (ships free to your store) for $35.
Interestingly, the listing is a Carrion (which I have the sop size, so I knew it would be fine), but what shipped was a Guardian hardshell case that actually sells elsewhere for nearly double (this one with the black lining, not the more expensive vintage style with green lining).
Carrion C-1643 Black Hardshell Baritone Ukulele Case

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Carrion-C-1643-Black-Hardshell-Baritone-Ukulele-Case/53320702

Those Ebay cases are a great deal at about half the price of others. What I don't like about the black ones is the stickiness of the covering, which requires two hands to open in concert and tenor sizes. And the sop was way too big (but worked great for a long neck!).
The Carrion and Guardian, as well as Musicians Gear cases look and feel better.

I just bought a bari case at Walmart (ships free to your store) for $35.
Interestingly, the listing is a Carrion (which I have the sop size, so I knew it would be fine), but what shipped was a Guardian hardshell case that actually sells elsewhere for nearly double (this one with the black lining, not the more expensive vintage style with green lining).
Carrion C-1643 Black Hardshell Baritone Ukulele Case

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Carrion-C-1643-Black-Hardshell-Baritone-Ukulele-Case/53320702

Those Ebay cases are a great deal at about half the price of others. What I don't like about the black ones is the stickiness of the covering, which requires two hands to open in concert and tenor sizes. And the sop was way too big (but worked great for a long neck!).
The Carrion and Guardian, as well as Musicians Gear cases look and feel better.

Wow. Guardian cases with the green crushed velvet are super nice cases, well worth what Elderly sells them for. That's a great bargain! :)

Wow. Guardian cases with the green crushed velvet are super nice cases, well worth what Elderly sells them for. That's a great bargain! :)

I really like those too, the handle and interior is so nice...except the weird way that the neck support is higher than it should be for many ukes.

This Guardian is NOT the green interior but rather black (a level down). Still has the Guardian brass label, and is a great bari case for $35.

Nice. Smart getting different cases. I have to open a case to see that's inside.

I was planning to make a separate post about cases - later today.

I really like those too, the handle and interior is so nice...except the weird way that the neck support is higher than it should be for many ukes.

This Guardian is NOT the green interior but rather black (a level down). Still has the Guardian brass label, and is a great bari case for $35.

Oh sorry, I misread that part of your post. I've never seen the Guardian case with black interior, as Elderly sells the one with crushed velvet interior for $80. They show a pic of the baritone case with black interior, but the pic is wrong. What material is the black interior? I can't tell from Elderly's pic if it's furry or velvet. :)

I never noticed the issue with the neck, as this Guardian has been the best fitting case for my Kala and Mainland ukes, concert, tenor and baritone. But now that you mention it, I do think there's a gap between the back of the upper bout and the case for the tenor size at least.

Nice. Smart getting different cases. I have to open a case to see that's inside.

I was planning to make a separate post about cases - later today.

How about putting different color zip ties on the handles? Depending on the number of uke cases, that may not be practical. :)

Oh sorry, I misread that part of your post. I've never seen the Guardian case with black interior, as Elderly sells the one with crushed velvet interior for $80. They show a pic of the baritone case with black interior, but the pic is wrong. What material is the black interior? I can't tell from Elderly's pic if it's furry or velvet. :)

I never noticed the issue with the neck, as this Guardian has been the best fitting case for my Kala and Mainland ukes, concert, tenor and baritone. But now that you mention it, I do think there's a gap between the back of the upper bout and the case for the tenor size at least.

Yah, even the most slender neck of the Kiwaya doesn't sit down far enough for the back to sit flush in the Guardian Vintage sop case. I have to believe that this isn't good for the instrument's neck, but I LOVE the look of the thing with the green velvet interior and that leather looking handle.0
It's also the smallest of all my hard cases.

The new Guardian case is at the luthier (with my new old Guild bari), but I think it's fur rather than velvet.
It only had the gold oval Guardian label so I don't have the model number, but it's most like this one (though this doesn't show the oval metal label, which I do like):

Guardian CG-020-UB Hardshell Case, Baritone Ukulele https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WDQ5KK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sq1fBbEEDRQ8X

Wonder if they'd make the same mistake with a tenor case?
;^)

Yah, even the most slender neck of the Kiwaya doesn't sit down far enough for the back to sit flush in the Guardian Vintage sop case. I have to believe that this isn't good for the instrument's neck, but I LOVE the look of the thing with the green velvet interior and that leather looking handle.0
It's also the smallest of all my hard cases.

The new Guardian case is at the luthier (with my new old Guild bari), but I think it's fur rather than velvet.
It only had the gold oval Guardian label so I don't have the model number, but it's most like this one (though this doesn't show the oval metal label, which I do like):

Guardian CG-020-UB Hardshell Case, Baritone Ukulele https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WDQ5KK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sq1fBbEEDRQ8X

Wonder if they'd make the same mistake with a tenor case?
;^)

I have a soprano case - Guardian but under another brand name, with the green interior and arch top - YES the neck support is too high. I have just padded underneath the body to make it all level - works for me.
Ian

Top Bottom