Hello from West Palm Beach, FL

CommonCurt

Reaction score
Hi,

No matter what google search I did pertaining to Ukulele, I kept seeing links to this place :)

I've been playing guitar since I was a kid. Now that I have a kid of my own I decided I would get her a Uke.
Little did I know that I would end up playing it just as much as she did (if not more).
I soon found myself looking for my own, and here we are.
It's definitely true. Ukuleles are addictive :D

Welcome to the forums!! I'm a guitar player as well and picked up the ukulele later in life. Yes, they are very addicting! :)

Absolutely addicted. But anything fun is! I started out as a guitar player too. Welcome!

Welcome!
I beleive you have a rather large ukulele club over there...

Nickie
Tampa Bay Ukulele Society

Thanks everyone :)

I've started looking at what kind of Concert & Soprano I want to get also.

Last edited:
Curt,

Welcome to UU from a fellow PBC resident! I live in western Palm Beach County, so we're almost neighbors.

There are several uke groups in the county (Florida Ukulele Network chapters, a semi-retired ensemble in the Lake Worth area, strum circle in Delray, etc.), and I lead a weekly beginner workshop (soon to be followed by a strum circle) in Wellington. Private message me if you want details on either one.

I hope to see you around!

Curt,

Welcome to UU from a fellow PBC resident! I live in western Palm Beach County, so we're almost neighbors.

There are several uke groups in the county (Florida Ukulele Network chapters, a semi-retired ensemble in the Lake Worth area, strum circle in Delray, etc.), and I lead a weekly beginner workshop (soon to be followed by a strum circle) in Wellington. Private message me if you want details on either one.

Hi, thanks for the info. I will definitely look some of those up sometime.

I know that Village Music in Wellington has a Uke night.

Curt,

Also, can you give me any suggestions on places in West Palm Beach, or Wellington to get set-up work done?

Welcome Curt, another uker from WPB here. Lately playing more mandolin but David has more current info on what's happening.

I'm here no thanks to bad spelling. Kept trying to register answering the random question with either ukes or ukeleles. I'm normally a pretty good speller, but just couldn't figure out how to get started here. Since that same "random question" is also used for the Contact page I was stumped!:iwant: Managed to track down a few active members and even Seeso. Thanks to all who helped! (Actually it was a fellow mountain dulcimer player who spotted the mistake.)

I'm a storyteller planning a program related to Prohibition here in Michigan. Wanted to add music and, of course, that requires ukulele music, right?

Have also been searching your answers here for things like tuners and also have a question about some strings I am switching over on my uke. Having an instrument always means you need to know more. I'm using my late aunt's Roy Smeck ukulele.

Still find I'm catching myself on that "u" vs. "e", but I'm trainable, honest!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on choosing a great instrument to play on.

Thanks you. Been trying different strings to figure out which I like on it. I wanted high G so the stock Low G set had to go.

Welcome Curt, another uker from WPB here. Lately playing more mandolin but David has more current info on what's happening.
Welcome, from west palm beach

Hello, I wasn't sure how many folks I'd run into from WPB :)

Top Bottom