My new Outdoor Ukulele in blue

Mr. Sweetie

Reaction score
What a fun ukulele! Color is great, the fit and finish is perfect, the sound through the K&K twin passive is clean and quiet. The only thing I would do differently if I were to do it again is pay the small up charge and get the deluxe tuners. I know some folks have said they are not worth it but, I disagree. They are smaller, lighter, and don't seem oversized on a soprano. Either will work just fine, aesthetically speaking however, the deluxe ones are the winner here.

IMG_20180507_135236735.jpg
IMG_20180507_135257453.jpg
IMG_20180507_135321014.jpg

I love that blue color. Congratulations! A couple of my friends have Outdoor Ukuleles and really like them.

They are both pretty! I especially like the way the sun comes through it.
Congrats, you can go play in the rain now!

Thanks all! I am pretty stoked to be sure. I love my Pono and my VTab, and one of my Kala's, but there is something to these Outdoor Ukuleles.
The jury is still out on the low g upgrade but so far it is all <3.

Congrats! I've owned brown and purple. Still miss them. If they ever make a purple tenor, that puppy will be mine!

Your blue is gorgeous. Especially love the shot with the lighting effect.

I have a green soprano and decided I "need" a tenor. I like concert, but they don't make that. I would like the black one or my second choice would be Brown. If anyone asks me what I want for Father's Day...

Enough about me. Congrats on the blue. I agree about the upgraded tuners.

I recently took ownership of a soprano in moonshine. What are your thoughts on the action? I feel like it's pretty close to perfect from the nut to the 5th fret, but it's a bit higher than I like beyond that. Or maybe I'm expecting too much? It's certainly higher than my Martin and Ohana. Just feels like if I could sand down the bridge a bit, I'd be there, but from what I understand, not much you can do to adjust action.

I guess it's love it or leave it. My jury is still out.

Agree on the tuners. I still owe a review/comparison of both. I am waiting until the next time I restring so I can mark the strings and show the distance travelled by one rotation of the tuner peg. The deluxe tuners are much nicer for fine adjustment. I never have to go back and forth on them. They really do make more fine micro adjustments.

@JoshSimpson79, Buy the Tenor! I have both the soprano and tenor and much prefer the tenor. It feels more resonate and is a joy to play. I find myself playing it more than my other ukes just because I have little kids and can put it down without fear of damage or water during bath time. I like the brown as it maintains that wooden instrument look, and is really cool when sunlight passes through.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments. I credit the green one to bringing me fully into my current love affair with the soprano size. I had been playing concerts and was kind of at a cross road on what to do about a OU. I played a tenor at ukulele club and it was nice enough but the size just doesn't ring my bell the way a soprano does.

On both of mine the action is great. No issues at all. Both still have stock strings and both have better action than my Pono which was set up by HMS.

Agree on the tuners. I still owe a review/comparison of both. I am waiting until the next time I restring so I can mark the strings and show the distance travelled by one rotation of the tuner peg. The deluxe tuners are much nicer for fine adjustment. I never have to go back and forth on them. They really do make more fine micro adjustments.

@JoshSimpson79, Buy the Tenor! I have both the soprano and tenor and much prefer the tenor. It feels more resonate and is a joy to play. I find myself playing it more than my other ukes just because I have little kids and can put it down without fear of damage or water during bath time. I like the brown as it maintains that wooden instrument look, and is really cool when sunlight passes through.

I ordered the brown tenor with upgraded tuners and two strap buttons. I just think I'll enjoy the size more in my downtime on vacation this summer. I found some nice backpack cases on amazon as well.

What a fun ukulele! Color is great, the fit and finish is perfect, the sound through the K&K twin passive is clean and quiet. The only thing I would do differently if I were to do it again is pay the small up charge and get the deluxe tuners. I know some folks have said they are not worth it but, I disagree. They are smaller, lighter, and don't seem oversized on a soprano. Either will work just fine, aesthetically speaking however, the deluxe ones are the winner here.

Nice. Is that Blue Nickel or Blue Gold? Just four more colors, and you'll have the complete set. :)

Here are a few more pictures with blue and his roommate. ;) You can see the difference in the tuners in the first picture.

View attachment 108853
View attachment 108854
View attachment 108855
I noticed the green one has strap buttons and the blue doesn't. I am buying a green soprano on monday and I considering whether I should get strap buttons(2). What are your thoughts on that since you seem to have one with and one without? Also I don't see a link on their page that offers upgraded tuners. The custom page offers a few different upgrades but nothing about tuners. Hmm. Maybe you could show me the link to where that is possible. Thanks!!!

Beautiful! With the minimal price difference, you have to wonder why they even have "upgraded" tuners. Why not put the better (smaller) tuners on everything? I think it's the same with their Carbon ukes - upgraded tuners are available.

Beautiful! With the minimal price difference, you have to wonder why they even have "upgraded" tuners. Why not put the better (smaller) tuners on everything? I think it's the same with their Carbon ukes - upgraded tuners are available.

I keep read in posts about upgraded tuners. But when I look at their site nowhere do I see an option for upgraded tuners. What am I missing besides some brain cells?

Top Bottom