Emerald Synergy Opus Ukulele Harp

jagcorps

Reaction score
I won't repeat much of what is in the video, but I am loving this instrument.

It has a great, deep resonance even when you don't hit the bass strings (but especially when you do).

I had bought a uke bass to record over some things, because I missed the bass register in my music. However, that didn't help with performances.

This does, a lot. It also adds an entirely new dynamic to every song I already know....meaning I get to learn things new again, which I love.

Feel free to ask any questions, if you like.

excellent review, and great sounding instrument! Love the deep, resonant overtones and especially liked how it sounds when you pluck a bass string and strum a chord at the same time. I had never seen any videos of an ukulele harp being played. Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions and provide a sound sample!

Thanks for your review! How does the neck feeling and shape compare to your Kamaka?

The neck feels great. It is slightly thicker than the Kamaka, but I really only noticed when I tried to put my capo on it.

It fits fairly comfortably in my hand and I have no issue fretting it.

I'm also finding that the punch that I thought was less pronounced in the harp ukulele was mainly due to my picking it with a lack of confidence.

As I'm feeling better about it, it is certainly getting louder and is a near match for the Kamaka in volume too.

The Kamaka has a sweet sound though. That vibration of the wood is a one of a kind sound, but I'm finding that the bass notes hum is a fair replacement for it.

I own an Emerald X7 guitar, and quite like it. I've been asking Alistair (Emerald owner) for one of these harp ukes, without the harp, for some time now. Nothing yet!

Thanks! It’s very tempting. Do you suggest ordering with a pickup or can it be easily added later? I see a removable cover on the back.

Not sure on the pickup. It didn't cost that much, so it was worth it to pay them to do it.

It does have the removable back, so if you're comfortable with that sort of thing, go for it.

Though, there will have to be drilling and I'd always rather have the manufacturer do that.

Top Bottom