Just found a new article on Taimane

I am back and forth on her. At first I was blown away and even own one of her albums. But the more I watch her the more she is seeming more of a one tricky pony. Meaning if you strum as fast as her pretty much any chord will sound good. Hell you can bar all the frets and slide down and up the neck at her strumming speed and sound like you are playing a particular song. But maybe it is just me. Either way I am not even close to her strumming speed.

I am back and forth on her. At first I was blown away and even own one of her albums. But the more I watch her the more she is seeming more of a one tricky pony. Meaning if you strum as fast as her pretty much any chord will sound good. Hell you can bar all the frets and slide down and up the neck at her strumming speed and sound like you are playing a particular song. But maybe it is just me. Either way I am not even close to her strumming speed.

She does strum much faster than I can, but I have never been very impressed, probably because I'm just not into her style.

I am late coming to this thread but I just recently started watching this lady perform. No doubt about it, she is great. She does not play my type of music, however, I still find myself listening to her video's a lot. I searched and could not find, what type of ukulele does she play? Is that a high G and a low G both on her ukulele?

I am late coming to this thread but I just recently started watching this lady perform. No doubt about it, she is great. She does not play my type of music, however, I still find myself listening to her video's a lot. I searched and could not find, what type of ukulele does she play? Is that a high G and a low G both on her ukulele?

It is. They were selling them at LA ukefest. Something like IO,. I took their card and will PM you if I find it and if you are interested in one.

Her main ukulele is a Kamaka 5-string with 2 low-G strings.

I just started watching her too after seeing her carmen/phantom medley on insta and she makes it look so effortless!! :eek: I've always wanted to kind of dance while playing an instrument ever since I saw Maria spinning around with her guitar in the Sound of Music. She has some interesting tutorials on her youtube too, one where she said she puts an acrylic (artificial) nail on her index so it doesn't wear down her natural nail! I wonder how many times she has to change strings though with the speed she plays :confused:

Last edited:
It is. They were selling them at LA ukefest. Something like IO,. I took their card and will PM you if I find it and if you are interested in one.

She plays an loi uke out of Santa Barbara. They were at the Palm Beach uke fest today and they had them. She strings hers with 2 low g strings. They are beautiful ukes with a satin finish. They also have a fuller sound than many customs at higher price points.

Top Bottom