Fremont cases and humidifiers--yes or no?

katyar

Reaction score
I have a Fremont case like this https://www.mimsukes.com/listing/mi...-ukulele-soft-case-red-uke-accessory/11829568 but in a concert size. I'm currently using it for a Gold Tone banjolele but am thinking about getting another one for an Ohana concert that needs humidification.

Has anyone used a humidifer in one of these cases? Or would I be better off getting a hard case? I love the Fremont because of the straps and the neck support, but the humidity issue is obviously more important.

A well-sealed hard case will hold humidity in. I briefly owned a Fremont rectangular hard case, but even with a humidifier, it didn't maintain humidity as well as my other hard cases. I've purposely avoided cases similar to the Steady you link to, as I figure it won't hold humidity well. I'd love to be wrong, because I'd much rather use Steady cases for some instruments. I'll be reading responses with interest. :)

Any case will work up to a point. It's always a bit of a guessing game. The better the seal, the less often you'll have to replenish the humidifier.

I have some similar cases and some hard cases. The latching hard cases, with sealed edges do a MUCH MUCH (did I say MUCH?) better job of maintaining humidity.

Top Bottom