Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guitar vs Ukulele

It is nice to see this thread come to life again. Good conversations about guitars and ukuleles always draw out some great ideas.

@tonyturley....so glad to hear about your uke builds and the fact this got you back into your love for woodworking. I have a woodworking background, use to do it for a living. I am resisting the urge to go down your route, I want to concentrate on improving my playing skills first. Cause if I jump into building I'm afraid playing will come to a screeching halt

@Bill 1.....as always you make excellent points and observations, especially about keeping good instrument for future use. This is sound (pun intended) advice. I will go through periods of preferring a tenor or a soprano or baritone.

@Ukecaster......I hear you about the drawback of so many different instruments. I play in a ukuele group, three of us. When working up a new song I will only play and practice with the ukulele I have choice to perform with. If I am jumping around from baritone to soprano to tenor during that time I am screwed come performance nignt.

@kerneltime......So true about the discover and honeymoon period, so fun so lustful. But once all the string experimentation is done then it is time to practice and play. A few weeks ago I sat on my back deck with one of my guitars ( yes I have a FEW now, GAS is real as UAS). I played and sang 7-8 songs in a row. I just got lost in the music.......it was wonderful, I felt like a player
    Last edited by DownUpDave; Today at 04:44 AM.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Thread Information