Thread: Tried the Anuenue UT200

Default Tried the Anuenue UT200

Visited Taiwan where I tried the Anuenue UT200. Got a chance to chat with the owner of Anuenue - he showed me his custom Koa Moonbird (wow).

Maybe Im just imagining things, but the sound of the UT200 blew my PONO AT out of the water. Then again, it is 3x the price :-p

Ive never tried K brands - has anyone tried the UT200 in comparison to the premium Hawaiian Ukes?

I prefer the same price level pono

I covet the UT200. It is my dream uke. Or at least one of my dream ukes.

Currently I own an aNueNue Custom Maui Mango III and while I love it, I actually prefer the tone from my mango Romero Creations Tiny Tenor. Can't speak to the Pono, never owned or tried one of those. That said, my aNueNue is an impressive instrument and a joy to play.

You may want to head over to this review ==> https://www.gotaukulele.com/2016/11/...r-ukulele.html
    Grey beard, tone deaf, rhythm challenged, but my dogs allow me to play for them so that is good enough for me
    aNueNue straight grain mango Custom Maui Mango III
    Romero Creations flamed and spalted mango Tiny Tenor
    Lanikai spalted mango Mango Concert TunaUke
    Magic Fluke concert Fluke

I think Tobias Elof plays one of these (I love his music...it makes sense to my European Western Music background). I thought that there were no more US dealers of Anuenue (my local store did carry some in the past)...and every time Tobias appears on the Ukulele Site Podcast, Andrew talks about carrying that model.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    I think Tobias Elof plays one of these (I love his music...it makes sense to my European Western Music background). I thought that there were no more US dealers of Anuenue (my local store did carry some in the past)...and every time Tobias appears on the Ukulele Site Podcast, Andrew talks about carrying that model.
    I don't think there is any distributor/dealer in the US currently. At least none I can find.
    Grey beard, tone deaf, rhythm challenged, but my dogs allow me to play for them so that is good enough for me
    aNueNue straight grain mango Custom Maui Mango III
    Romero Creations flamed and spalted mango Tiny Tenor
    Lanikai spalted mango Mango Concert TunaUke
    Magic Fluke concert Fluke

There are rumors of HMS picking up the line. Im thinking im going to pick up a UT200 on my next trip to Taipei! Owner said there was a 6 month waiting list...

Thread Information