Southern Cross Instruments now closed.

DPO

Reaction score
I am no longer building instruments.
My wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 terminal cancer and all my energy and care must now be devoted to her.
If you own one of my instruments I hope you enjoy playing them as much as I did building them.

My thoughts are with you and your wife at this time Dennis.

Keeping you and your wife in my thoughts at this difficult time. Please know that we are here for you.

Even if you aren't building feel free to pop on here and make a nuisance of yourself. We promise at least to tolerate you an hopefully make you welcome and feel loved even if you are a kiwi.
Peace out dude
Hope to hear from you soon.

Titch

Dennis,
I am so sorry to read this. Love and Light to you and your dear wife. I hope you have a good hospice group there.
They can really help.
Take good care of yourself.
cyber hugs,
Nickie

I'm truly sorry to hear this. I've lurked about wanting to buy one of your ukes for awhile but couldn't afford them. Your wife's care is much more important.
A good hospice company is invaluable. I work in the field, and Vitas is very easy to work with (no I don't work for them I run a facility).
Much luck to both of you. Keep support for yourself or you won't be able to help her. Take care.

very sorry to hear this Dennis.

Dennis,
Take care of YOU and your wife.
Peace.

I know that fight too well, Dennis. My deepest sympathies. May you have strength and understanding in helping your wife.

So sorry to hear about your wife's illness Dennis. Your first priority is to comfort your partner at this difficult time. I really enjoy the instrument I obtained from you, a real delight. My prayers are with you both.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts. While the cancer is uncurable, it is not untreatable . Chemo has started, the oncologists are hoping to achieve one or two healthy years. Which will be akin to a lottery win.
Living in hope.

Last edited:
Best wishes to you and your wife. You are wise to focus on the things in life that truly matter.

Top Bottom