aNueNue availability in the U.S.A.

I saw those, they have a tenor too. Interesting body shape. I take it you're familiar with them and a fan? I want to know more about their pickup system, which looks intriguing.... Not sure if they sell it separately.

They seem to be selling fast - 3 were listed this morning and now I only see 1

Man, I was waiting to see them pop up at the Ukulele Site and missed it. Now I can't even find the listing with a Google search.

Lovely to look at and lovely to hold. Chances are I'll never have one marked sold. A bit pricey. I like those tuners.

Glad to see aNueNue back in the US

The UT200 is one of my 'dream' ukuleles.

I sure hope that we'll get to read some reviews or comments by the new owners… ;)

Wow, what a beautiful instrument. They don't seem at all overpriced, for what they are.
Baz did a review of a Moon Bird a while back.

I have to honestly admit that when I first saw the aNueNue Moon Bird review that Baz did way back in November 2016, I wanted to get one of my own really, really bad!!!:drool:
Here is a link to the review that Baz did: https://www.gotaukulele.com/2016/11/anuenue-ut200-mood-bird-tenor-ukulele.html

However, I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. that was selling them. Andrew recently had mentioned that he wanted to get a few concert and tenor Moon Birds to try, and I honestly forgot to ask him because I had recently purchased 2 very nice tenors from him and visited him at his office a few times to close the deal on them.

I usually check theukulelesite.com multiple times throughout the day, everyday, to see if new ukes have been posted for sale. Work was super busy on Friday, so I didn't have a chance to check to see if Andrew posted anything new until my lunch break. To my surprise, Andrew had 2 concerts and 2 tenors for sale!!! I sent him a text right away indicating that I wanted the tenor with the pickup. I didn't hear back from Andrew, so as soon as I got back to my office, I called him and ... he answered the phone!!! I told him that I wanted the tenor Moon Bird with the pickup and to please take it off the website. The other tenor had already been sold as well as the 2 concert ukes as well. I was very, very lucky to snag that uke!!! Andrew spoke very highly of the build quality, workmanship, aesthetics, and more importantly - the amazingly brilliant sound and tone with superb dynamic range. He said that these ukes are on the level with high the end custom Toda ukes and many other highly regarded custom ukes, and that they should have a price at least double of what he listed them for sale. Andrew also speaks very highly of the aNueNue Air Air Dual Pickup System and says it just might be the best uke pickup around! He wants to get a bunch of these pickups in as another option to offer customers who want a top of the line pickup for their ukes.
:shaka:

Last edited:
I have to honestly admit that when I first saw the aNueNue Moon Bird review that Baz did way back in November 2016, I wanted to get one of my own really, really bad!!!:drool:
Here is a link to the review that Baz did: https://www.gotaukulele.com/2016/11/anuenue-ut200-mood-bird-tenor-ukulele.html

However, I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. that was selling them. Andrew recently had mentioned that he wanted to get a few concert and tenor Moon Birds to try, and I honestly forgot to ask him because I had recently purchased 2 very nice tenors from him and visited him at his office a few times to close the deal on them.

I usually check theukulelesite.com multiple times throughout the day, everyday, to see if new ukes have been posted for sale. Work was super busy on Friday, so I didn't have a chance to check to see if Andrew posted anything new until my lunch break. To my surprise, Andrew had 2 concerts and 2 tenors for sale!!! I sent him a text right away indicating that I wanted the tenor with the pickup. I didn't hear back from Andrew, so as soon as I got back to my office, I called him and ... he answered the phone!!! I told him that I wanted the tenor Moon Bird with the pickup and to please take it off the website. The other tenor had already been sold as well as the 2 concert ukes as well. I was very, very lucky to snag that uke!!! Andrew spoke very highly of the build quality, workmanship, aesthetics, and more importantly - the amazingly brilliant sound and tone with superb dynamic range. He said that these ukes are on the level with high the end custom Toda ukes and many other highly regarded custom ukes, and that they should have a price at least double of what he listed them for sale. Andrew also speaks very highly of the aNueNue Air Air Dual Pickup System and says it just might be the best uke pickup around! He wants to get a bunch of these pickups in as another option to offer customers who want a top of the line pickup for their ukes.
:shaka:

Congratulations brother Kimo on the ultimate score. Looks the the Ukulele Gods lined everything up just right for you. Thanks for mentioning about the pickup, that is good to know as I am always interested it top of line pick ups. Please do a detailed NUD once you have given the Moon Bird a good work out

However, I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. that was selling them.

That's the problems with many ukes he reviews. Being in England, he has access to ukes that we don't, and he also reviews ukes that are not available in every music store. Still, it's nice to know what's out there and dream.

Congratulations brother Kimo on the ultimate score. Looks the the Ukulele Gods lined everything up just right for you. Thanks for mentioning about the pickup, that is good to know as I am always interested it top of line pick ups. Please do a detailed NUD once you have given the Moon Bird a good work out

Mahalo Dave! Yes, the Ukulele Gods sure did line up everything just right for me! :shaka:

I bought an Anuenue African Mahogany concert uke from a seller in Hong Kong. After I read Barry's review, I searched for one online and found this seller (Fun Music Center). It is a beautiful ukulele and I love playing it. The price was excellent and shipping was about $30 to the US in two weeks I am thinking of buying an Anuenue guitar from the same dealer.

I usually check theukulelesite.com multiple times throughout the day, everyday, to see if new ukes have been posted for sale.

Someone has UAS worse than I do! LOL.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get one of the ukuleles, and hope that you'll let us know what you think about it once you get to spend some time with it.

This looks like another one to add to the bucket list. :)

I noticed the aNueNue website still does not list any US availability.

I wonder if this was a one time offering by The Ukulele Site? Will they be bringing in more in the future, along with strings & accessories?

Top Bottom