Case with backpack straps: Fusion or Reunion Blues Continental? Or ???

I have a device - someone sent them to me - I think made by Crossrock and they cradle the hard case so you can carry it like a backpack. I have two of these and might be persuaded to part with them as I can no longer carry a backpack. It is for large cases as well as small ones.
I'm curious about this "device." PM sent!

I had the Reunion Blues and have taken it on planes. I never had any issues with the overhead bins. Another option is a Mono case. It's a soft case with harder sections for extra protection. I have one with a KoAloha and have also taken it on planes with no problems.

DownUpDave, that's a great looking Koolau!! Thanks for sharing, I've been debating between the fusion and the mono.

3 I have a device - someone sent them to me - I think made by Crossrock and they cradle the hard case so you can carry it like a backpack. I have two of these and might be persuaded to part with them as I can no longer carry a backpack. It is for large cases as well as small ones.

I'm interested also, pm sent.
h

Edit.
Found this on Amazon, which may be up to the job, or modified to do the job, unfortunately, they don't ship to the UK :(

https://www.amazon.com/Congo-Carrier-Straps-Instrument-Cases/dp/B07812LX8L

Last edited:
DownUpDave, that's a great looking Koolau!! Thanks for sharing, I've been debating between the fusion and the mono.

Thanks, it is an excellent playing and sounding instrument as well. A good friend and member here "Solorule" owns the Mono and I had a real good inspection of it before deciding on the Fusion. The pluses for the Mono were the slightly slimmer profile and smaller over all size. I preferred the Fusion for the two large front pockets, excellent backpack straps (Mono has a single cross strap) waist belt and the back panel for all the straps to tuck into.

The Mono is a great case so it boils down to personal taste. I fly with this as carry on and the pockets hold my tablet, phone, reading glasses, ear buds a folding uke stand and clip on tuner. But large lower front is not wide enough or deep enough for either a binder or paper back. I have thrown a paper back book into the case to take on the plane. I just open the case and grab the book before putting the case in the overhead.

I have had a couple of PMs about the device that I have two of and have and I think it is called a Crossrock CRCS1 case saddle. It is very adaptable as to the size of case and while I have unpacked one I have never used either so cannot comment. I am beyond using a back pack and I have been in Peru for nearly three weeks and have been hand carrying (airplanes and taxies) and playing an Opio/Koaloha longneck soprano in its Opio provided bag and it seems to do very well. I would love an Reunion Blues bag but they are very pricey. However for a really valuable instrument I would always go for the hard case. However these gig bags can be amazing and are very airline friendly.

It just occurred to me that I have an unused tenor gig bag in the garage that I could put a soprano case inside and accomplish what that Crossrock sling does, plus add storage and protection to the uke with the items I would be able to pack around the smaller case.
-------------------------------------------
NOPE. Just tried it, didn't work. However, I have a regular backpack that a soprano case would fit inside.

I also think that with a sewing machine and some creativity a person could rig something from what they have around the house. Or just buy the Crossrock thing. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom