Season 327 - keep a little marc in your heart

I wanted to do on more Marc Bolan song for Lynda's Season, and I came across this one that kinda caught my ear, plus nobody else has done it this week, which is always a plus to me. This is one of Bolan's earlier works.
whoa! a *NEW TO ME SONG* !!!!!!!!! and from 1966! GREAT year, a wonderful vintage! :cool:

Photo-finishing here, right?:) I apologize for my Putin style video...it is so freakin' hot.
oh my days! sexy song and a half naked heino!!!!!!!!

ok, people, counting down the hours until this great season closes! wonderful brings, everyone, thank you so much! :rock:

BEV- I've been enjoying the Marc love this week. I had good intentions of learning something for your Season but seeing as it's 10PM here in Alaska it obviously didn't happen. Another time. Thanks for all the music.

thank you myrna! i saw you here on the thread when i posted my "misfit" cover, and was really hoping to see a vid from you when i got back, but i totally understand!

i am pretty sure i have seen every vid and put them all on the playlist, if people wanna double check their songs are on the playlist, and let me know if they are not. i plan to post a wrap later tonight, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, please keep a little marc in your heart til i get back ;) THANK YOU ALL!!!!

all riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!! well, people, marc season is over, it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!! so many great songs, so many wonderful performances, so many brilliant videos! there were outstanding originals, i think my favourite MIGHT have been RAB's "la la lynda", but they were all just so great i can't really pick "the best", they were ALL the best! indeed i think alan dp has taken over the marc mantle of awesome prog folk song writing, he brought superb marc-style originals. there were fuzz-filled glam floor-fillers, rocking riffs and super solos, tongue-twisters terrifically tamed, every single song had me singing along, i did ALOT of dancing too, linda louden brought us THE sexiest knees ever seen on the seasons, there was percussion a-plenty, ukefoote brought my lyric of the week - THE COSMIC SEA IS LIKE A BUMBLEBEE - in an AMAZING cover of "the slider", which cranked up the fuzz to 11 and beyond, partway through, in super-dramatic style. berni shaved off his goatee and donned sexy man-make-up to continue his life-long labour of love as a full-time marc look-alike, we had headless vids and bird's eye views, geoff shared super cute black-cat pics, and elmann had an amazingly well trained tabby cat do two walk-pasts the camera, wizard's hat off to that. outrageously sexual lyrics and songs were bravely brought with barely a batted eyelid. ralf gave us THE perfect lesson in how-to-bring-marc-on-uke, with a super-iconic song choice in "children of the revolution", fantastic solo-ing, and wow-ed me with wonderful mickey-finn-style percussion on the uke he was playing, mid-song. everyone who brought their fantastic song choices and performances on acoustic ukes proved that one person and his or her uke can totally bring rocking t rex songs beautifully this way. HOW DO I CHOOSE A WINNER??? if i could send everyone a t-shirt confirming that you ALL brought marc on uke, and TOTALLY rocked, i most definitely would. however i must choose one person. i was very tempted to throw up my hands, confess that choosing one song or person out of all this week's rampant wonderfulness is impossible, and pick a name out of a hat, but i am determined to stick to my original plan, and promise, to pick someone myself. and so this week's winner is.................................

TRENT - recovering bassist

trent, you brought me a song i had not heard before, a very early one from marc, "misfit", so, :worship: and thank you for that! you also brought ten, count them, TEN, songs, which i honestly think is as many, if not more, than even i could bring for a season where i can get away with doing all-marc-songs-all-the-time! you brought difficult, challenging and frankly totally outrageous lyrics brilliantly, you "yeah baby"-ed, and, in every single vid, you totally rocked

please PM me your real world address, t-shirt size, and preferred t-shirt colour, and i'll send you your prize asap

thank you

and thank you EVERYONE

a really wonderful week for me, thank you all

:rock:

Last edited:
Oh wow! Thanks so much! I knew I did several songs, but didn't realize I did 10. lol And what's funny is I probably knew less about Marc Bolan going in than anyone else who submitted a song this week. Great Season and great hosting this week Lynda!

Thanks BEV for a fantastically fun week that brought out the crazy in all of us. Well, maybe not all because some are just naturally crazy but my point is I had so much fun!

Congratulation Trent :)

Thanks for hosting on this one Birdy, Cheers me dears :cheers:
Well done Trent, you deserve a win..........you're a real live wire with boundless energy and enthusiasm..........Our very own uking Jerry Lee Lewis !! :cheers:

Last edited:
Lynda, this season was genius and fun and rockin’ and goofy and wonderful. :worship::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This is one season I have pegged to revisit and listen to every entry!
Thanks goodness the translation is finally finished and my assessments of students is nearly over too!

thanks, guys and thanks to everyone who took part and made it all so great!

'Twas fun, Lynda ... thank you! (Really intrigued to know what you are going to choose for your three favourite songs for 328 - there can't be any Marc B. songs left!)
i have a feeling i will find SOMETHING from the mighty marc, to bring for keith, i know deep down he wants me to, really!

Ha, ha, ho, ho, you're not the only one....... :smileybounce:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Homemade micro songlets, Marc songs, and Hawkind
These are a few of my favorite things
And obviously I plan to inflict those last three on keith

:music:

;)

Top Bottom