Season 327 - keep a little marc in your heart

Okay, I may be reaching out for the low-hanging fruit, but I love this juicy mess of a song.

This year has been tough to say the least- school and so many homes burned down and losing one of my favorite students ever last week...I had to do one about summer. So ready to hit reset on this year.

I'm soooo happy the site's back up. Hope everybody's safe on the Big Islan.

It's Red Nose Day, y'all. I've got mine. Let's play some Marc. In F, if you want to join along.

We're back, bay-bee!
yeah baby! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE sigh of relief from me!!!!!!!!!!

if UU plays up again, please just keep uploading any vids to youtube, i think i'm subscribed to everyone here, so i should see all the public vids on my subscriptions feed on youtube, and anything i miss, or that is unlisted, i will catch up on here on the thread as soon as things are back up - let's hope there aren't any more problems here, though! does anyone know what happened?

well, i think i am to date on all the vids so far, if anyone is missing from the playlist, please let me know. wonderful songs and vids from everyone - thank you all so much!

A THOUGHT ON ORIGINALS

i put this note up over on youtube while UU forum was down, but for anyone who only reads the thread, here it is again...

i know in my original opening post for the season, i said i would prefer to have covers of marc songs, rather than original songs. HOWEVER. my thought on that matter is now "DUH! how could you have been so WRONG?!" - because i have really enjoyed the original songs that people have brought!

SO - if you haven't brought an original song yet for the season, but would like to, please do! i did suggest to please make it kinda marc-style, and that still stands (and obviously it's the wonderful homemade marc-style that people have already brought, that has been such a delight!) i made some suggestions for what might make a good marc-style song and i'll list them there...

a supersexy love song
a folk-y song about wizards and wotnot
a song that plays with names (telegram sam, debora looking like a zebra, that sort of thing)
a song that references cars or guitars
a song that refers to space or planets or the sun or the moon
you could also bring a song about, or that refers to, marc or t rex

if you haven't written a homemade song before, this could be a great week to give it a go. marc often used simple blues chord progressions, or a classic Am F C G kinda progression, or simple 2 chord structures, and he did at least one song, that had only one chord in it! if you are new to writing songs, you could do alot worse than pick two chords that sound nice together, think of a few rhymes that please you, and write a few lyrics around them

have fun with this, if you wanna bring an original - i know i've had a load of fun, listening to the originals people have brought already!

:rock:

This started out trying to be the T. Rex song New York City but it turned out to be
about a woman with a frog in her hand... or could it be that she had found her prince.
You never know with Mr Bolan, cos the whirring of bees wings just might cause a
monsoon to start. Strange what consequences can happen as a result of
inconsequential things... that is music for you.

Only just been able to get back into the forum.

Well, I thought we'd lost the only decent uke forum, was wondering how on earth things were going to work out, thankfully it's back up & running. :)

A rough demo of 20th Century Boy, obviously influenced by the host but at half her speed.

Mother rabbit teaching her young rabbits to cross the road.
Just remember if there is a car coming and you freeze on the road
just crouch down between the headlights and you will be OK.

It is night time and the first little bunny hops on to the road
sees a car coming and crouches down betwwen the headlights
SPLAT.

The mother rabbit remarks. I didn't know they still made Reliant Robins.

Struggling with the E chord, I probably should have changed the key.
But here is what appears to be an 8-bar blues from Marc Bolan :)

Mother rabbit teaching her young rabbits to cross the road.
Just remember if there is a car coming and you freeze on the road
just crouch down between the headlights and you will be OK.

It is night time and the first little bunny hops on to the road
sees a car coming and crouches down betwwen the headlights
SPLAT.

The mother rabbit remarks. I didn't know they still made Reliant Robins.

What's Finnish for plonker ? :)

The title of this one seemed very appropriate for this week. I gave it a shot on the "Finnish Ukulele", and this was my first time ever trying to play the mandolin in Bb. Not sure if this worked or not, but I tried.

Top Bottom