Season 327 - keep a little marc in your heart

Only just been able to get back into the forum.

Well, I thought we'd lost the only decent uke forum, was wondering how on earth things were going to work out, thankfully it's back up & running. :)
yes, thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!

The title of this one seemed very appropriate for this week
yes i forgot to mention that when i commented over on youtube! great song choice for the :music: season :music: !

i think i'm up to date, fabulous songs and vids, thank you all so much! :rock:

The more children of the revolution, the better. And I'd forgotten that T Rex had an awesome bongo player!

This is not by Marc Bolan. It's by David Bowie. But in my digging into Bolan, I discovered this was apparently written about Bolan. The original demo was titled "He Was Alright (A Song for Marc)". Bowie and Bolan were friends and jammed together on Bolan' s TV show a few days before he died. So I think it counts.

An original for our gracious host.Had some fun writing this today.Hope you like it.A very happy season this one.
"Marc 'Em Out To Lynda Care of T-Rex"

Lyrics
Every wizard needs a little cat
Every potion needs a bit o’ bat
If Donovan steals your cosmic wheels
And Mr Bowie doesn’t know how you feel
Chorus
Just write out your happiness cheques
Marc ‘em out to Lynda care of T-Rex
If your butler won’t bang your gong
And your tea cup poodle’s grown 10 feet long
Your unicorn gambled off his horn
Your seven headed hydra hung six heads forlorn
Chorus
I once mistook my wife for a hat
Dr Oliver said “There’s nothing wrong with that,
Its not Armageddon, its not a blow
She’s a stylish little pill box I’ll have you know”
So I wrote out my happiness cheques
Marc ‘em out to Lynda care of T-Rex
I missed the bus so I rode the swan
They run the high street all night long
My big mistake was my fish bait heels
Cause the final stop was The Golden Seal

Last edited:
A second from me. Not quite how I originally arranged it but I couldn't be bothered to re-record and anyway, it sounded OK. My plans generally for this week have been thrown out by things happening.

Been a busy week, glad I made it in time. Excellent Season with a lot of fantastic playing, but how has this one not been played yet!?

Sorry Lynda, no glitter makeup in the house, so you’ll have to settle for glittery stickers.

Speaking of Sea Beasts... A large part of my day job is making geologic maps, and so maps and map history are interesting to me. The first image is of the Lenox Globe, which is in the rare items collection of the New York Public Library. It was made in 1510 and is one of two known instances where “Here are Dragons” is actually printed on a map. The second is a detail from a 1572 edition of an earlier 16th century map of the ocean around Northern Europe. I’ve tried to sneak one of these wee beasties on a map of the California Channel Islands I’ve been working on, but the reviewers keep catching it. Oh well.

wow, people, you continue to amaze me with all your fantastic vids!!!!! :worship: such a wonderful week for me, i'm having such a great time, thank you all so much!!!!! :rock:

I wanted to do this from the start. Added a second uke, a shaker and a bongo.

I'm really sorry Lynda. Tiffany and I had a really great duet going for 20th Century Boy, but I'm really behind with work and we don't have time to record it. Hopefully we'll be able to do it in a future season.

Last weeks I found no time (even on vacation at Pentecost I tried to make a vid), but I had time enough, to wonder about no Hot Love by BEV in the "Hot Hot Hot" season.
Now there's some time to offer stupid vocals ("A-a-aaa") without "trouble and strife" observing a more and more lunatic spouse.

It took time to perform the fast strum. I decided for the more easy thumb/index strum. A "simple" up-down stroke sounds tighter, but is really difficult to keep in rhythm. And it's upper limit for my voice, especially in the morning.

Some sudden starring.

I'm really sorry Lynda. Tiffany and I had a really great duet going for 20th Century Boy, but I'm really behind with work and we don't have time to record it. Hopefully we'll be able to do it in a future season.
well i will look forward to seeing and hearing that in the future! if you need any top tips on levering a marc song onto a season, let me know ;) lol!

I had time enough, to wonder about no Hot Love by BEV in the "Hot Hot Hot" season
the only reason i don't bring a particularly fitting marc song to a season, is i must have done it previously! elmann, that was a wonderful vid, super performance and the cat really was a star turn!!

I wanted to do on more Marc Bolan song for Lynda's Season, and I came across this one that kinda caught my ear, plus nobody else has done it this week, which is always a plus to me. This is one of Bolan's earlier works.

Photo-finishing here, right?:) I apologize for my Putin style video...it is so freakin' hot.

Top Bottom