Southern Cross Concert Banjolele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
If you know anything about banjoleles you will know how nice these are. Truly one of the best I have ever played and absolutely beautiful to look at. It is in excellent condition. Has one small knick on the headstock but is hard to see. I really hate to sell this and certainly never planned on selling it but I bought a banjo and will be devoting much of my time to that. Comes with a Kala Hard case. $475 Shipped USA Paypal

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u2w0LQzs3jLfEe8m2

Last edited:
Looks great! Very tempting even though I'm not a concert guy.

I’m not a concert guy either but I personally have found Concert banjoleles to be much better than any soprano I have played. I’m definitely not a tenor person so I haven’t even really tried many of those.

So tempted....

I recently pulled this but it is now back up for sale. After playing it more I have fallen in love with the banjo sound and I recently bought a banjo. I am going to be dedicating much of my time to that.

Last edited:
I’m really going to really embarrass myself with the following question (I suppose that’s why I’m still a ‘Junior’ member), but what does the word “bump” mean in ads? I see it many times, sometimes used in a positive sense and then other times like someone did something not according to the rules like “They did this to get ‘bumped’ to the top.” I’ve also seen a seller give their uke a “weekend bump” as well. Is their somewhere I can find information on all this bumping? Thanks, Senior Member Jddewitt81!

Yes some people do a weekend “bump” to get pushed to the top. I am not sure if that is technically allowed. In this case I had listed this for sale but I had decided not to sell because I was torn on keeping it. I decided to go ahead and relist it because I bought a banjo and because I wanted others to see that I relisted it I edited the listing and bumped it to the top. A moderator may better help you answer this question if I haven’t done so but that’s generally what bumping is.

Bumping a pretty standard forum practice on most sites. It is generally frowned upon if you do it too often, but the occasional bump is typically fine.

Dana- every time a new comment is added to a thread, that thread is "bumped" to the top of the first page of the forum. When you see a seller say "bump" or "weekend bump" they are leaving that comment for the express purpose of returning their add to the top of the forum.

Okay. I got it! I thought that it might mean that the instrument was reduced in price. No, a bump is a way of keeping an instrument in a better, top, location on the listing. Mahalo, Ukulele Ernie.

Thanks for taking the time to help educate me. Blessings!

I just bought a Bart Rieter banjo and my Wunderkammer is being built as we speak. I am really trying to clear stuff out and only focus on a select few. This is a great banjolele. One of the nicest I have seen no doubt. Dennis is a master! It deserves a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom