We're back!! UU outage

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Wha happen? I was going thru UU withdrawl, and actually had to play my ukes instead;) Thank God I had a new one being delivered yesterday!

I assume UU got hacked or something, maybe held ransom for a Kinnard, or lessons from one of our esteemed players?

I could still see UU, but it was all text, like a BB from the 90's. Time warp! ;)

I could still see UU, but it was all text, like a BB from the 90's. Time warp! ;)

Ha! I tried to write that exact sentiment yesterday while experiencing the DTs but it wouldn't even post. :nana:

Oh thank goodness
I didnt know what I was going to do.
I was getting friends on different computers to try and open the page to see if it was just me

whew!
I'm glad that's over!

I hate when I get all jittery. Glad it’s back up.

I thought that the internet decided I was spending too much time browsing the marketplace & was trying to save me from UAS.

I couldn't post, and it was hell trying to navigate! I tried to msg admins twice, but I'm not sure the messages got sent. I finally gave up and went instrument shopping. Lap steel guitar is in my future and one will be joining my Ukes in eight weeks. :)

It will be interesting to compare experiences on Safari with other browsers. I could only get the text based screen on the Mac, and it showed a security warning. I went to the local library and tried again with Chrome and Chrome had a box to tick which cleared the security warning and opened the page as it appears now.
I looked up the Mac user sites to see how others dealt with the security warning. But it appears Safari has no way to let you open a page if it gets the warning alarm.
So is the issue a result of the recent Mac security update?
It was good to have a break, perhaps it is a timely reminder to us that we need to live a real life and get more control over the virtual world we can get caught up in.

No. I run Windows 10, and neither Chrome, Firefox nor Edge could see anything but unformatted text.

I'm so glad that's over, also been having email problems during the same time period. I think there must have been an internet backbone problem.

I finally gave up and went instrument shopping. Lap steel guitar is in my future and one will be joining my Ukes in eight weeks. :)
Me too, bought an SX Ursa Jr. (Fender Jazz style) B grade 30" scale bass from Rondomusic.com for $79 to which I going to have one of their 24" scale Hadean bass uke necks added and black pickguard by Eric's Guitar and have painted by Pat Wilkins bright orange including the truss rod cover. I love having UAS.

Rondo Jazz 22-33 900.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
I was wondering if it was due to various bits of the internet getting GDPR prepped? So glad it's back now!

That's what crossed my mind - I thought maybe the owners didn't want all the hassle & had shut down the forums. :)

Just goes to show how we take things for granted - thank you all who have probably had a hard time sorting this out - we really appreciate you & your efforts.

It was discombobulating. I played my uke until I noticed a twitch of elbow pain, then...I was like, Yikes, now I am truly adrift.
Fantasized about buying all the Timms on eBay, abandoned that thought as impractical...looked for baritones instead, then walked the dogs and enjoyed our fine weather. This morning I was all set to reboot my computer, thinking it was me, but here you all are! Good day!

Missed you all. :)

Me too, bought an SX Ursa Jr. (Fender Jazz style) B grade 30" scale bass from Rondomusic.com for $79 to which I going to have one of their 24" scale Hadean bass uke necks added and black pickguard by Eric's Guitar and have painted by Pat Wilkins bright orange including the truss rod cover. I love having UAS.

Haha...you're single handedly keeping Rondo in buisness! ;):shaka:

Like the rest of you I was very concerned. I checked back several times a day to see if there was any solution in sight. I tried on my IPhone my IPad, didn’t try my Windows Laptop, I haven’t fired that up for a month or so. I am glad to see everyone again.

I don't know if anybody can answer this. I run windows 10 and on the right hand side of the url box there is a little red warning shield telling me the UU page is trying to load an unauthorised script. Not really sure what it means except it is a warning!!!!
Mike

Top Bottom