::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

So I decided NOT to join the Halau.
I talked it over with Nanilei and she said that it is a huge time commitment and very disrespectful if you are unable to fully commit. She says my work comes first and I would probably be placed in a situation where I had to choose between my job and my Halau and she knows what I would decide. She's right. So I told him mahalo for the offer, and I am still interested in learning, and would love to play for/with them, but I cannot fully commit at this time.
Hopefully we still get to hang out over there :D

Oh, that's kind of a bummer. Hopefully you'll still get to play with them and hang out like you said.

It rained hard up here for a good five hours today.

I had to drive James up to a game in SF (about 50 miles) and it was raining so hard that the fast setting on the windshield wipers couldn't keep up. Hwy 101 was a huge puddle and some of the smaller freeways were down to one lane or even closed because of flooding. I went up hwy 280 and there were numerous puddles of standing water on the road, places where water was running across the freeway and debris getting blown on to the road (high winds to go along with the rain). The fastest I could safely drive was about 65. Some stretches visibility and hydroplaning became so bad we were doing 40mph. We left really early in case of accidents (five that we saw) so we got up there about 45 minutes early. We went to a bakery to kill time and I heard this guy telling another guy that he could drive as fast as he wanted in the rain because his car's computer would send power to where it was needed and correct any slide.

What an idiot!

The drive home was worse than the drive up because there was even more standing water on the road.

SoCal needs NorCal to get rain. We send much of our water down south to you guys.

That's why that idea of dividing California is pretty lame. The area that controls the water would pretty much control everything.

I thought we got our water from the Colorado.

Things seem to be progressing well for Shirley. Therapy at 8 this morning.

Things seem to be progressing well for Shirley. Therapy at 8 this morning.

The disrupted mussels are getting stronger. The only fear is dislocating the hip joint. As time progresses and the mussels get stronger it should be harder to mess up (but not impossible). Her right knee has been a problem. She doesn't have full motion there. So knee on one side, and the hip joint on the other. Perhaps one helped the other get damaged. Or should I say favoring one put more stress on the other.

My mom made me watch that with her when I was little. She was scared so she made me watch it with her. Thanks mom.

I still remember that little girl at the end.

My a-hole-ex-best-friend and I saw a stage version of that many years ago. It was a blast. It integrated the movie with live action and zombies in the audience. Great fun.

All weekend long I was dreading coming to work like never before.

Maybe it's because I was sick for most of it? Weird but I didn't do anything but lie in bed which sounds like a really good vacation in theory (is that one of the phrases?) but being forced to stay in bed isn't the same.

So much dread but now that I'm here it feels like I never had a break.

I guess that's a problem in itself.

Top Bottom