::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I have been scarce becuase Surprise! We have to move!
The owner of our house's overseas deployment ended.
We found a place yesterday, and are moving in tomorrow!
Yikes!
Eight years moving in like four days!
Needless to say we have been busy.
We just sort of decided to jump on an opportunity, but now maybe regretting it. A bit.
But we just want out of our situation.
I had visions of it coming down to the wire and not being able to find a place.

Last edited:
Yikes!
We just sort of decided to jump on an opportunity, but now maybe regretting it. A bit.

Are you still in Ewa Beach?

That big time sucks having to move so quickly. Me and my weak ass heart would help if we were there . . . light boxes only. Sorry.

Yikes!

So where are you moving? Someplace close?

Tomatoes, cucumbers, and now eggplant? Your tongue is missing so much.

My tongue has sampled all three. Tomatoes (fresh - cooked is a whole different story) are a flat-out no. Cucumbers are meh - in a good tzatziki it's great, by themselves not so much. Take 'em or leave 'em, but given druthers, it's leave 'em. Eggplant hasn't had a fair shakedown and I wouldn't refuse it. I'm intrigued by babaganoush.

My tongue has sampled all three. Tomatoes (fresh - cooked is a whole different story) are a flat-out no. Cucumbers are meh - in a good tzatziki it's great, by themselves not so much. Take 'em or leave 'em, but given druthers, it's leave 'em. Eggplant hasn't had a fair shakedown and I wouldn't refuse it. I'm intrigued by babaganoush.

Similar texture to hummus, maybe not as creamy but great taste profile.

We're making Mac and cheese today.

Classic béchamel foundation and then make it into a cheese sauce.

I say several times during my demo that the béchamel needs to cool a bit, not a lot, but it can't be straight from a boil then throw in the cheese. I made it a point to rest the béchamel for maybe 60 seconds and then only added about 1/4 C of cheese. I talked about tempering and the fact that cheese is milk solids and fat and it will separate if too hot. I added another 1/2 C and stirred until melted. I broke it down to adding the cheese to 4-5 portions. And patiently stirred until the sauce was creamy and smooth.

EVERY kitchen knows better than me. All six groups dumped the cheese into the béchamel while it was still on the burner. All six groups had gritty, mealy cheese sauce.

"This recipe sucks!"

Teenagers suck!

::end of vent::

Top Bottom