Page 1463 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 463963136314131453146114621463146414651473 ... LastLast
Results 14,621 to 14,630 of 14958

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Good morning, one and all!
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

What a beautiful day it is! I think I'll walk over and get our mail, then come back and get my bike and ride to pickleball.

This is exactly why we've come to Florida....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

We really enjoy the wildlife here, although some of it is much different than we're used to.

There are alligators in the lagoons, and we like seeing them. We have not heard of any problems with them here, even speaking to residents that have been here for decades.

We often walk along the sidewalks that follow the lagoons' edge, and sometimes get closer looks at the gators. The sidewalks are anywhere from six to twelve feet (approximately) from the water's edge.

The other day I got taken by surprise, a bit, when I walked up next to a gator that I hadn't noticed, at a point where the distance was only six feet, or so. This particular gator was as large as we've seen in our lagoons. I'd estimate its length at 12 to 13 feet.

It just laid there in the sun and didn't move. I just kept on walking and didn't mess my pants. Job well done, all around....

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    We really enjoy the wildlife here, although some of it is much different than we're used to.

There are alligators in the lagoons, and we like seeing them. We have not heard of any problems with them here, even speaking to residents that have been here for decades.

We often walk along the sidewalks that follow the lagoons' edge, and sometimes get closer looks at the gators. The sidewalks are anywhere from six to twelve feet (approximately) from the water's edge.

The other day I got taken by surprise, a bit, when I walked up next to a gator that I hadn't noticed, at a point where the distance was only six feet, or so. This particular gator was as large as we've seen in our lagoons. I'd estimate its length at 12 to 13 feet.

It just laid there in the sun and didn't move. I just kept on walking and didn't mess my pants. Job well done, all around....
    Breakfast for another day.

I did that with a rattle snake once. I was golfing and hit my ball into the brush. I reached in, grabbed my ball and when I stood up I saw something move. It was a baby/small rattlesnake about six inches from where my ball was. Luckily it was a cold morning and that thing wasn't moving too fast. Almost soiled myself though.

Glad you didn't become dinner Don.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

good morning hos
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Hi all! I'm back home from a whirlwind trip to Denver.

I left Monday night and stayed near the Portland airport - snow was threatening and getting around this city if there's a single flake in the air is a nightmare. Nobody here knows how to drive in the snow and the entire city freaks out. It was a good decision - there was snow on the ground Tuesday morning and the roads were actually pretty slippery. I only had to drive about a mile on a straight road to get to the airport.

Because of the snow and ice our plane was delayed; the crew was stuck on a hotel shuttle that crept to the airport. Once they finally arrived we had to wait for the deicing trucks to do their work. We left Portland an hour late. When I got to Denver the rental agency was way low on cars - my choice was a minivan. I went in and complained. They upgraded me to an Infiniti. NICE car - but I still like my 2005 RAV4 better. With the late flight and the haggling over cars I got to school 2 minutes late for class. Usually I get there with about 90 minutes to spare.

I checked into my hotel room after class and ordered room service. I was exhausted; I decided to watch a movie (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - my favorite Indiana Jones movie!), eat dinner, and go to bed. At about 7:30 (about 1/2 hour into the movie and just after I finished eating dinner) my ceiling started raining. Hard. In multiple places. Fortunately I'd only unpacked my computer, so I packed it up and went down and got a new room. I went from a gorgeous view of the Rockies to a view of the strip club and marijuana store across the street. Oh well.

Denver was supposed to get snow yesterday evening - no problem. I'd be at the airport by 6, snow was predicted for 8. I was going to visit the Wings Over the Rockies air and space museum yesterday afternoon. When I got up at 6:30 a.m. it was snowing lightly. By the time class was out (noon) the streets were getting a coating. I decided to skip the museum and head straight for the airport. Good decision. By the time I got there cars were starting to slip and slide on the road and the snow was coming down pretty hard.

I went to the Southwest desk to see if they could get me on an earlier flight (my scheduled plane wasn't due to leave until 9:30). They did! 3:30, but instead of a nonstop it was a connecting flight with a stop (but not deplane) in between connecting cities. No problem - I was happy to leave early. Problem is...with weather and deicing we left Denver nearly an hour late, eating up almost all my connection time.

Oh wow, I'm really rambling. At any rate, I waved HI to Sally as we flew by Huntington Beach on the way to LAX, and I waved HI to Gary when we landed in San Jose. I made my connection (barely - thankfully it was 15 minutes late) and landed in Portland an hour and a half before I would have if I had stuck with my original departure time. Happy to be home!
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Someplace. It will eventually emerge from the upset.
    I hope that chili recipe shows up and you share it! We have a recipe that was my dad's. It's very good, but there's just something missing and I've never been able to put my finger on it. Dad did something to it that he never wrote down, because ours isn't quite the same. I'm always up for a new chili, but I don't want to just start going through recipes.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Raining like crazy here, flood warnings and such, supposed to keep raining all day and then freeze tonight.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by spots View Post
    ... I've never understood the draw of Baked Alaskas.
    It's about the wow factor, I think. Kind of like fried ice cream in a Mexican restaurant. "You COOKED ice cream? And it's still frozen???"

I don't care for either.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Embedded image fail.
    Supposed to be Speedy sloth from Zootopia.
    You mean Flash?
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

Thread Information