::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

There was nobody in the vicinity he could have asked?

All the night shift people had already left. He swore it wasn't the battery, but I knew different. I had him ask security, but they wouldn't help him. I was kind of anxious to get him moving since he's new at night shift, hadn't slept and has to work tonight. I didn't want him falling asleep driving. I'll get some manual labor out of it this week.

Sounds like a plan. This is the 2nd time he's drained the battery. The first time was also video game related, he had left the lights on when in a hurry to play games.

I told him today that alcoholism and drug addiction is often diagnosed when it starts to interfere with a person's life.

I told him today that alcoholism and drug addiction is often diagnosed when it starts to interfere with a person's life.

They sent an article around school showing that games and phones both cause the same types of addiction as tobacco, drugs and alcohol. With phones there's an anxiety even when it's not on your person.

And speaking of phones. Some teachers have these shoe hangers that the kids put their phones into at the beginning of class. Today I watched one kid put his phone in the cubby in the room across from mine and while walking away, pulled another phone out of his pocket. These kids are just bringing dummy phones to class and still using their real phones.

good think I never invested in one of those phone caddies

Last weekend when I went to go play on the boat I realized about four blocks away I left my phone at home.
I did not have enough time to go back and get it, as I may have been late as a result (since I had no idea what North Shore traffic would be like).
So I was bummed that I would not be able to let Nanilei know when I was on my way back, but you know I actually survived over half of my life without a cell phone so I figured it would be ok.

It is odd that little anxiety you have without having on your person though.

There are some days I leave home without it and actually enjoy the feeling though!

On the hunt for a new job. I want to be somewhere I can see myself being long term. Put my resume out and all the places responded right away. Still looking for the right fit. I have time to be picky.

Chris lost their job already. They crashed their bike on the way home from. They got a gash on their head, scraped one hand pretty bad, and sprained the other. When they called in, they were let go. The kid seems pretty bummed.

Chris lost their job already. They crashed their bike on the way home from. They got a gash on their head, scraped one hand pretty bad, and sprained the other. When they called in, they were let go. The kid seems pretty bummed.

That seems a bit unfair.

Top Bottom