::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Depends on the brand. I replaced one earlier this year after 18 years of use. Ours was Schlage.

Kwikset locks on the new house. I don't trust them. We sold them when I was working for the door company before seminary. Cheap crap then. Don't expect long service from them now.

The locks and keys we encountered in Europe seem far superior to what you can routinely get around here. 3D keys - rather than the contacts being in just a single plane like our common house keys there were cut-outs and pin holes over all surfaces of the keys. In Paris the keys even had differently shaped tips. I saw a video about "bump keys" for the locks commonly used in the US - the presenter was able to unlock a deadbolt after just about 5 minutes of being told how to do it, and of course the locksmith showing him could do it in about 5 seconds. No way the method they used in the video would have worked on the locks we saw in Europe...I'm seriously considering seeing if I can import some.

Wet and overcast out, maybe a day for reading.

Crazy smoky here today. I thought we were just overcast when I was heading to work, but I looked up at one point and saw a blood-red sun shining feebly through the smoke. Sheryl and I don't ever recall having smoke here when we were kids - we have had it now for 3 of the last four years.

I'm dog sitting too this weekend, for the bride. I don't mind him, but he has some kind of condition to where he sneezes huge snots all over. Like, two washcloths. So I can't let him on any carpeted areas. I had to have my living room steam cleaned last time. Poor bubba. He's a sweetie. But ew.

My sister had a collie named Bubba who sneezed giant gouts of snot out in the last two years of her life. The vet could never find a reason behind it and she seemed fine and happy beside that. But yuck.

I must admit I felt a little left out and wished there were no PMs.
But I also understand that perhaps some things regarding that pilgramage may be private or at least maybe not exactly some things you want to tell the entire planet.

A pilgrimage is also a religious experience, and religion can be a hot spot. Many people hike the Camino just for the challenge, but others have more personal, religious reasons too.

How did the Cromebook work out for you Don?

I have a teeny 10-inch Chromebook that I travel with. It was brilliant for Europe. I didn't spend much time on it, of course, but even so - checking out the area, checking in for flights - things like that. The battery life is incredible - I didn't plug it in once on the whole trip and still ended up with the battery half full.

Word processing, data bases, or anything else, really. The Chromebook was meant to be a Web machine, I think. Cloud storage vs hard drive space, etc....

The Google applications for word processing and spreadsheet stuff are actually pretty good. I did my first two years of graduate school on a Chromebook exclusively - even 30 page papers were no problem using Google Docs.

Having some musical discoveries on my CR the last few days. Hoping it leads to something.

I have also wanted to pull out the steel and play with that.

Our niece got a ukulele for her birthday (her request - I facilitated the purchase through Mim). She has already progressed beyond me. Not that it's hard to do that or anything.

The locks and keys we encountered in Europe seem far superior to what you can routinely get around here. 3D keys - rather than the contacts being in just a single plane like our common house keys there were cut-outs and pin holes over all surfaces of the keys. In Paris the keys even had differently shaped tips. I saw a video about "bump keys" for the locks commonly used in the US - the presenter was able to unlock a deadbolt after just about 5 minutes of being told how to do it, and of course the locksmith showing him could do it in about 5 seconds. No way the method they used in the video would have worked on the locks we saw in Europe...I'm seriously considering seeing if I can import some.

I'd be interested in what kind of pricing you get.

I have a teeny 10-inch Chromebook that I travel with. It was brilliant for Europe. I didn't spend much time on it, of course, but even so - checking out the area, checking in for flights - things like that. The battery life is incredible - I didn't plug it in once on the whole trip and still ended up with the battery half full.

I have one of those... around here somewhere.

Just finished editing a government contract for the spouse. (Nothing classified.) He does content, I eagle-eye for errors and formatting. We've worked in tandem for so long now, and it's always been fun for me and efficient for him.

Ha, I think we have got you beat. We've got one that is about 10 years old, we only use it when we go to Uke Festivals. It's so old I don't think anyone would even steal it at this point.

I have a Mac laptop that still takes floppy disks. It still fires un and my phone has 10X the memory.

Happy Monday!

I made a play date with a colleague’s kid for 10 am. I realized this morning I don’t know where she lives. I don’t have her personal number either. We do all our communication through FB messenger. I sent her a message earlier, but no reply. Crud.

My daughter got me to do the DNA thing.
70.1% English, 14.8% Irish, Scottish, and Welsh, +5 others 15.1%

I've thought about doing that, but I'm skeptical about the accuracy.

Having absolutely no family history due to adoption, it would be interesting....

Top Bottom