::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

A lot of times I'll get a new battery around four years keeping the old one and trading in a junk battery.
So, I was checking out prices and my daughter says, already? We just replaced the factory battery on the 2008 Malibu.
I think I would have been concerned around five or six years old. YMMV.
That's my little girl. Get the maximum out of the things you own. Waste not, want not.

I had to get the car jump started again this morning, despite having been on the charger all night. I drove it to NAPA, and tested the battery. No good. I installed this one in March of 2016.

They got me a new one, and I swapped it out. The good news? My friend, the store manager, wouldn't let me pay for it. Free battery, FTW!!

The only "problem" was that she wasn't here. Their contention is that the service is for her use....

I pay a small extra cost for an "Adult Associate Member" that adds Nanilei to my membership and she gets her own card.

Yeah I grew up in Newport.
Maybe, just maybe, that 1985 black Jaguar XJ6 in the parking lot was what I drove my senior year.

You can tell the teacher's that are married to people who make the $$$$ by their non-teacher like cars.

You can also sort of guess the cars of the younger teachers too.

The only "problem" was that she wasn't here. Their contention is that the service is for her use....

I just checked my card. It has my name on it now. But I'm pretty sure the first time I called them it was still only Mika on the account but she had both cars covered.

For as often as you use it is that van still worth it?

Exactly. My plan after this yard sale (which we have been planning on for six months) is to sell it. For as old as it is (22 years) it’s in great mechanical shape with only 117k on it. My mechanic knows I was planning on selling it and said he’d find me a buyer. I’m hoping to get back what I put into it this week. Today’s bill will be another 3-4 hundred. Ugh!

I just checked my card. It has my name on it now. But I'm pretty sure the first time I called them it was still only Mika on the account but she had both cars covered.

AAA covers the member, regardless of what car the member is driving.
I could have 10 cars, they are all covered by my membership, but you only get four free service calls annually.
I can be driving my friend's car and get service.
But if my friend is driving my car, unless my friend is a member, I would have to meet him there.

AAA covers the member, regardless of what car the member is driving.
I could have 10 cars, they are all covered by my membership, but you only get four free service calls annually.
I can be driving my friend's car and get service.
But if my friend is driving my car, unless my friend is a member, I would have to meet him there.

My insurance also covers towing so I've only called AAA twice in my life, both times for flats. One time a kid on a phone ran me off the road and into a curb (I should have hit her but my car was brand new) and once on the freeway coming home from LA. I was about 1/2 mile from my exit and didn't want to get all dirty so I called.

Top Bottom