::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We are getting water, like county water. We have relied on our well until now which can run dry. It's been an ordeal, but by the end of the weekend, I think we will have access to unlimited water.

If I'm out of line, tell me, but I think "that Grandma" should intervene at least sometimes. I know enough about your family and stuff to say, I think you have that right to shake a finger at least once and a while. Doesn't have to be super confrontational, try some friendly grandma nagging for a start.

This. And while they are living in your house you can impose house rules. Like dinner, bath, tooth brushing, and bed time by 8:30 or 9. I found a bed time routine really helped wind my kids down and get calm at night. Are they reading to him at bed time?

I hope they are reading to him at bed time.

Last edited:
We are getting water, like county water. We have relied on our well until now which can run dry. It's been an ordeal, but by the end of the weekend, I think we will have access to unlimited water.

That’s great news!

If I'm out of line, tell me, but I think "that Grandma" should intervene at least sometimes. I know enough about your family and stuff to say, I think you have that right to shake a finger at least once and a while. Doesn't have to be super confrontational, try some friendly grandma nagging for a start.
I am thinking about how to do it. You also know me pretty well. I am a somewhat strong personality. I need to tiptoe gently. But yes, you are correct.

This. And while they are living in your house you can impose house rules. Like dinner, bath, tooth brushing, and bed time by 8:30 or 9. I found a bed time routine really helped wind my kids down and get calm at night. Are they reading to him at bed time?

Rule #1 — no guns in my home. (He has some)
Rule #2 — the dogs cannot use the inside of my home as their toilet.
Rule #3 — no pop cans or food detritus left around their rooms.

New rules can be added at any time.

So far it is going okay, really.

In transition houses for us I felt as though I had to enforce rules. My MIL let the kids do whatever they wanted.

"Might" & "My swim trunks fall off."???

2 options:
1. New trunks
B. Clothing optional beach and just let the random happen.

I'm staying in Waikiki. There are a bajillion surf shops within walking distance so I have options other than the mall.

Yeah! Good for you. I remember when we got 'city water' in the mid 60's. Mom was relieved not to have to rely on our well water anymore.

It’s a good thing that woman never ran into the woman who grows rabbits to butcher. Most west coasters can’t stomach the thought someone would kill Thumper to put into the stew pot.

When I was about 12 I went over to my friends house and he said he needed to grab a rabbit for his mom. So went to the hutch and I pulled one out and he told me to hold it by it's ears. I thought it was weird but I did it and as soon as I did he whacked it in the head with a little billy club. WTH?! I had no idea I was petting dinner. This was in Los Gatos too. A fairly wealthy suburb. I was just so shocked.

Interesting day today politically, huh?

Absolutely! I think 'The Donald' is finally seeing what the rest of the world 's opinion is of him. Many stated that they were not anti-American, they were anti -Trump.

Nope. But I do spend time with him. Play doh, sidewalk chalk, games, books, puzzles, and best of all is pool time.
I may buy him a special snack or a new toy but I don’t spoil him with stuff. He wouldn’t understand that anyway.

Right now he likes to play ice cream store. I order my flavour and he asks if I want it in a cup or a cone. He than charges me. It’s usually about $300 for it. He has no concept of money yet.

Neither does my wife! :)

I still read to him at bedtime, just not every night any more. Sometimes we just chat for a few minutes before he drifts off to sleep, other times we read. Sometimes he reads to me. It's cute because he reads with a lot of inflection.

I am thinking about how to do it. You also know me pretty well. I am a somewhat strong personality. I need to tiptoe gently. But yes, you are correct.

Maybe casually read to yourself obvious to them, an article about how children need boundaries and rules in front of them?

Top Bottom