Page 1353 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 353853125313031343135113521353135413551363 ... LastLast
Results 13,521 to 13,530 of 13847

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    Yeah, I know.
    My husband loves umbrellas and vows to use one if we move there. Maybe he’ll start a trend.
    When I worked for WaMu and had to go to Seattle for meetings, they all said umbrellas are useless when it comes at you sideways. And whether it is rain, snow, or sleet it is usually coming at you sideways in Seattle.

I remember being in a meeting and looking out the window. The meeting lasted about two hours.
    In that time I saw rain blowing left, then snow blowing right, then hail bouncing off the window, then more rain swirling around, then back to snow. It was nuts.

It also made sense why there is a Starbucks on every corner. You don't even want to go across the street from whatever building you are currently in to get coffee!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

The view out the window from the office where I am working today.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    When I worked for WaMu and had to go to Seattle for meetings, they all said umbrellas are useless when it comes at you sideways...
    When I used to work in [city redacted] horizontal rain was common. You'd arrive at the commuter train and either the front or back side of you would be soaked through, and the other side would be bone dry. It was always better to have the front side soaked, then at least you had a dry seat for the train ride home.

Umbrellas quickly became shields deployed in front of you, or behind you, but it didn't matter you still got soaked.

It's because of that cousins Cooter and Bufford hit the work shed and came up with "Cooter & Bufford's Rain Shield".

You see the idea was that you could develop a product that was light, allowed easy movement, and didn't need a place to dry out when not in use.

That's where the plan failed.

It turns out that unlike bees wax used in Sno-Seal, etc. lard actually can go rancid and smell.

And they found out the hard way that people don't actually like to cover all their clothes in lard. Gotta hand it to them though. They really tried to hold on tight to that old man as they covered him in lard during the product demonstrations at the local mall, but he just kept shooting out from their grip and went sliding across the mall floor.

Bunker-scope shows that a family of mule-deer are walking round the area looking for food. A neighbor usually puts apples on the porch for the deer to eat. This time the deer were looking on the wrong porch.

But they could have also been looking through the windows of the house and discussing the finer points of early 20th century Bauhaus design principles.

Deer are funny that way.

Recovering from a fine day of errands, including Costco.
    “Justice is like a train that is nearly always late,” - Russian poet Yevgeny Yevtushenko.

“62,400 repetitions make one truth.” - Bernard Marx, character in Brave New World, Alduous Huxley

Dig In-finity! - The Naz, in the words of Lord Buckley

So what's going on now? I had to get here through the back door.
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

good morning hos
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Wow. That was a weird way to travel here. Sort of like being stretch like taffy.

My arrogant cardiac surgeon cancelled on me again yesterday.

It's like the third time it's happened. Yesterday must have been an emergency and not a tee time though. Did I tell you one time I waited for a little over an hour for him to show up? And I know he was at the golf course because there was a bit of mud and grass on the backs of his pant cuffs. Tell tale sign of golf.

I want to switch but he's the guy who operated on me and I figure I won't have to see him many more times because I sill have my regular cardiologist (who is very caring).

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by spots View Post
    Wow. That was a weird way to travel here. Sort of like being stretch like taffy.

I just opened the page and got here. What's going on?

Passionately Untalented

Thread Information