::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Just went "out there" for a bit.

Only recognized a few names. I guess that makes me UU Old.

This is just a composite of the thumbnails. I'd have to go looking for the actual jpgs.

attachment.php

So many that don't drop by nowadays...look at UE all clean shaven too

Sigh. Chalkboards (real slate ones) never wore out. And the chalk never went dry half way through use. And quality chalk didn't squeak or crumble like the cheap stuff.

I taught two terms of intro biology to ESL students in college. I bought my own chalk and had a chalk holder (because I hated the feel of the stuff on my skin). Worked like a charm.

I had a teacher that had a holder for the chalk. It made it like a giant marker. I thought that teacher was the coolest

I’ve thought about chalkboard paint but that probably wouldn’t go over well.

No. They make white board paint kits at Home Depot. They work but you have to put some effort in and there are some pointers that I can share with you if you decide to do it.

Started a new job at a chiros office yesterday. Just 1 day a week for a 6.5 hour shift. They pay very well, keep you filled with clients and respect the fact you need breaks, and it’s a chill office. Besides chiro care, they offer acupuncture, Pilates, and cold laser therapy. Fridays the docs are off so it’s just me, the office girl, and the acupuncturist.

I’ve worked for 3 other chiros and usually don’t like it but I think this place will be different. Most chiro offices are all about therapeutic massage where you’re dealing with an injury and often have to spend 30 minutes on one spot. I don’t like that kind of work. I’m more of a spa therapist.

One poor guy stopped by in terrible pain, his son is a regular client there. He was 75-80 years old and had just been to China, he was about to get on another plane to go home to Canada. The day before he left China he got a massage where the therapist had hugely over extended his neck muscles on both sides. He couldn’t even move his head. I told him to ice it intermittently until he got on the plane, and to buy a neck pillow in the airport to wear on the plane to help support his head during the flight. I massaged his shoulders and upper back to try and get his body to relax and did light lymph work on his neck. He was a mess. He’s on a blood thinner so the strongest stuff he could take for pain was Tylenol. I told his to rest as much as he could and to call his doc Monday morning.
Poor old guy, he was almost in tears.

Don’t ever get a massage from anyone that doesn’t ask you about your health history or can’t at least speak your language.

Top Bottom