::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hey Damon,

How safe are Makua Beach and also Nanakuli Beach Park? My friends have those beaches listed as places they want to visit with their three young boys.

Half gallon? Gallons and quarts, but I don't think I've seen half gallons, but I'm not much of a milk guy. I buy pints of goat milk for my coffee.

We get half gallons here, and quarts and gallons, too. The grocery store always stocks all three. We buy half gallons, just because they're easier to handle, and fit in our fridge door better....

Thanks. Your tipi’s not especially designed for backpacking. We’ve got a Zpack copy tent on its way. 2 person tent that’s 21 ounces. It uses trekking poles to set up.
Hubby’s got his Paria 2 and a half inch pad already, I’m insisting on the 4 inch. We’re trying to go ultra light on as much equipment as possible.
That 21 oz would be amazing. I’m happy with the 3 lb tipi. I can stand up in it. But 21 oz is hard to beat.
Gear is key.

I buy gallons of milk at a time. #costco #growinggirls

Since Michael went into the military our milk consumption has gone from a 1/2 gallon a day to a 1/2 gallon a week.

That 21 oz would be amazing. I’m happy with the 3 lb tipi. I can stand up in it. But 21 oz is hard to beat.
Gear is key.

With “through hiking” your tent is really just for sleeping, standing up inside isn’t really necessary. A zpack double tent starts at like $500, we can’t afford that...we found a copy brand for $100. It’s on its way on a slow boat from China. We’ll see how good it is.
It’s crazy amazing how light the new equipment is. My entire pack with frame is 2 pounds. Backpacking equipment has radically changed in the last 30 years. Through hikers are crazy animals who strive to carry nothing and the industry is coming up with lighter and lighter equipment.

Hadn’t gone to bed yet.

Yes, you can buy crappy hormone filled milk for $2 a half gallon but I won’t. Never see it for 70 cents here.

Things that are a big issue in SC are of little consequence here. You know, free range cows and such. It's probably best if you don't eat anything while you are here.

He he he.

Top Bottom