::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Beach was great, on the way back (well, ok, technically we had to go a bit out of our way) we went to Boba Café and got some teas, then I tackled the front yard. Now going to shower and get ready to go to the movies!

I'm going in to work all day, although it's normally my day off today. I had nothing else planned, and it'll bump up my paycheck....

I'm back to work today. I was in Denver for school last Thursday - Saturday. It was a terrific session this time around - probably my best ever. I have a professor who leads a rock band (Tony and the Tone Chasers!) and who also wrote a book about the current distortion of science by right-wing evangelical Christians. He's way cool (as long as you're not a right-wing evangelical Christian, I suppose). PM me if you want the title of the book - I bought the Kindle version (not required for class - he doesn't know I bought it) and am really enjoying it. He's not a theologian; he's a sociologist and the book looks at things from a sociological point of view, not a religious point of view. Anyway, I don't want to violate the religion/politics thing here more than I already have, but the book is an interesting look at science, politics, and religion.

Yes, it is! We've decided to go south even earlier this year, rather than waiting until a couple days before Christmas, as usual. We're planning to leave on December 7th this year. I'm ready!!

Your Florida place is kind of the central part of the state? Not threatened by the hurricane on the panhandle, right?

I was running about with my BIL this morning. We went into a gas station and I asked, do you ever go into a gas station and pull up to the pump to find the filler is on the other side? He said, you know I found out that on our gas gauge there is a arrow that points to the side that the filler is on. I looked at mine and there is a symbol of a gas pump and a arrow. How bout that, fifty plus years in the driver's seat and just found this out.

*Sigh*

Yes, I knew that.

Better, though - the place where I go for gas (well, gas for the car that is) has hoses that will easily reach either side of the car - there is a sign above each island to remind people of that. Very nice.

Just a quick question: Why shouldn't it always be on the driver's side?

My dad used to say the safest place to put the fuel filler is on the passenger side rear fender. Least likely place to be hit in a collision, according to him.

Just a quick question: Why shouldn't it always be on the driver's side?

But in all seriousness - because for a large portion of the world the driver's side isn't the same side we sit on in the USA. Since the side of the car we drive from isn't universal, why should the fuel filler be?

At one of the stops on the tour this year, a group of young people from a local dance academy are doing a presentation based on Michael Jackson's Thriller video.

I saw them in rehearsal, and it looks as if it will be great! They needed a bit more practice, and costuming will add a lot, but I can tell it's going to be cool....

There's a local theater company here that does a stage version of Night of the Living Dead. It's really fun.

Top Bottom