::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Back at Kaiser today. Monday and Tuesday at the church, Wednesday through Friday at Kaiser. The pros to working at Kaiser - very close to home and I can wear pretty much what I damn well please (I could at church, but I'm more aware of caring about my appearance there). The cons to working at Kaiser - everything else.

Just heard an amusing story. A guy walked into a bank in NYC and asked for a $5000 loan. He put up his $250,000 car as collateral. The bank thought it was weird, but gave him the loan. Two weeks later he returns and pays off the loan. A bank employee had looked the guy up and saw that he was super rich so he had to ask, why? Why did you take out a $5000 loan when you are super rich? The guy said he went to India for 2 weeks and it was cheaper to get a loan, leave the car with the bank and have them watch it than to have to pay 2 weeks parking in NYC. The interest on the loan was $15.

Just heard an amusing story. A guy walked into a bank in NYC and asked for a $5000 loan. He put up his $250,000 car as collateral. The bank thought it was weird, but gave him the loan. Two weeks later he returns and pays off the loan. A bank employee had looked the guy up and saw that he was super rich so he had to ask, why? Why did you take out a $5000 loan when you are super rich? The guy said he went to India for 2 weeks and it was cheaper to get a loan, leave the car with the bank and have them watch it than to have to pay 2 weeks parking in NYC. The interest on the loan was $15.

Getting' one over on the man!

So we had a "Run, Hide, Defend" drill this morning.

Formally known as "Code Red"

Really sucks that we have to prepare children for the possible occurrence of a school shooter.

On a positive note, I'm almost 100% sure I could protect my class from a gunman. The way my class is laid out it gives me the jump on any attacker and I have large sharp knives at my disposal.

In my mind, the only way it could go sideways is if the shooter is one of my students and knows where I'll be attacking from, but even then, I still have the upper hand. The "high ground" if you will.

I had one girl who was visibly shaken. I talked with her a bit. She wanted to know where she should run/hide for each location she hypothesized a gunman would attack from.

It turns out she lost an aunt in the Las Vegas shooting. I sent her to talk to our school psychiatrist.

That's how you know I teach in a wealthy area. We have our own school site psychiatrist.

A smart man.

Like I say get the most out of your resources. It helps you to keep those resources. [Waste not, want not.]

Today @ Lynn's house, two places leaking under the kitchen sink. I disassembled the plumbing parts, we cleaned them all, a bit of silicone around the sink drain, reassembled everything, no leaks, no cost, only my time. Actually Lynn bought the silicone sealer, so there's that.

Listening to a "Motown" pandora channel and had to change it when "Chances Are" played. All I could think of was that creepy episode of The X-Files and the Peacock family.

A smart man.

Like I say get the most out of your resources. It helps you to keep those resources. [Waste not, want not.]

Today @ Lynn's house, two places leaking under the kitchen sink. I disassembled the plumbing parts, we cleaned them all, a bit of silicone around the sink drain, reassembled everything, no leaks, no cost, only my time. Actually Lynn bought the silicone sealer, so there's that.

Good work Mr. Handyman.

And THAT is why he is rich....

A smart man.

You're a good brother.

Have any of you gotten "gourmet" with pumpkin seeds?

I've done lime salt/chili before. Thinking of marinating in soy and ginger and then sprinkling with wasabi when they bake.

Have any of you gotten "gourmet" with pumpkin seeds?

I've done lime salt/chili before. Thinking of marinating in soy and ginger and then sprinkling with wasabi when they bake.

I've only done the roasting with olive oil and then salting them. Your proposal sounds like a lot of very bold flavors that would overwhelm the taste of the seeds themselves.

Top Bottom