::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I've never understood why basic dental is considered to be something different from medical. Our teeth/mouths play a part in our overall health - why are they excluded from medical benefits?

I agree with you 100%

Told my work it is going to be a family day today.
I have to work Friday. Finished prep for tomorrow.
Gonna try to go see grams.

Had a brutal flight home from NY.

To avoid the weather in most of the country I think the pilot said we were flying over Canada and then we had to stop in Boise, Idaho to refuel.

The flight was just a little over 9 hours. Some dumb old lady kept walking up and down the aisles and bumping into everyone. I get that she was probably trying to get circulation going in her legs, but she literally bumped each and every person up and down the aisle. Several people complained about her. I had some dumb ass that stood up next to me and was rocking back and forth to stretch and he kept bumping me too. I asked him if he didn't mind doing his little dance by the restrooms where there was more room. He knocked my headphones off twice. I was getting pissed. In general, the most inconsiderate people as a whole, I've ever seen on a plane. The guy directly in front of me was turned sideways working on his computer and blocking half the aisle. I almost applauded when the crew came by (you know how the lead person walks backward) and knocked his computer to the ground. They apologized profusely but a part of me thinks they did it on purpose.

Bwahahaha, they probably did. Flight attendants are usually very aware what’s going in the plane. Sounds like a PITA of a flight. Glad you are back on the ground and home.

He loved NY as well. I would go back one more time to do some things we didn't get to but other than the eating I really wasn't a fan of the crowds and the grime. By no means am I a germaphobe but I felt like I needed to hand sanitize my whole body after every trip on the subway.

I always felt sticky too. It was 90's and humid.

I’m not a big city girl to begin with and you make NY sounds soooo amazing.

I've never understood why basic dental is considered to be something different from medical. Our teeth/mouths play a part in our overall health - why are they excluded from medical benefits?

I agree. Dental issues can lead to a whole host of other health issues, like heart disease.

We don’t have any plans for 4th this year. We used to join our neighbors for a barbeque and watching the kids set off fireworks. The kids aren’t interested in fireworks. All the loud noises set off Sean’s and Callie’s anxiety.

James wanted a chili-cheese dog so we bought a couple off a cart. I tried a bite and it wasn't anymore special than a Wienerschnitzel dog IMO.

I wonder why that first dog tasted so good?

I'm sticking with condiments and not what Kenvin said :)

I had it with sauerkraut and grilled onions w/mustard.

The water...we call them dirty water dogs....they are good though. Nathan's is real good flat top grilled dogs and amazing fries!!

Today is set up day. We cleared the driveway, bought a huge blow up pool, setting up the awning, pulling out the BBQ, fire ring, chairs, tables, umbrellas, etc and we’re having our own tailgate party at home tomorrow. The kids and their friends will be joining us. Mike got all the bikes in running shape in case any of them want to venture downtown for the parade. (Huntington Beach has the biggest and oldest 4th of July parade west of the Mississippi.)
At night there is a huge fireworks show at the pier so we’ll venture across Pacific Coast Hwy to watch with 300 thousand other people.
Today I’m prepping ribs and marinating chicken.

We used to do the fireworks that were able to see from cayucos from the beach. I remember heading south on 1 to Los Osos took us about 2 hrs....

Woah Gary. I’d rather sit in a middle seat than the aisle. On the aisle I get everybody’s butt in my face. RL Kid always takes the window.

Another SIL and BIL came over.
More tears.
Lots of music.
Going to see grams tomorrow am.
Then the 4th.

Top Bottom