::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We are awash here in the Valley of the Sun. Up to 1” of rain possible. You know how people don’t know how to drive in snow and become a danger to themselves and others? Well rain is like that in Phoenix. Everybody drives like they’re late and they own the road. Good morning to stay in and make waffles.

busy morning

lots of little, tedious things accomplished no I have to plan out the rest of my school year. Well, at least the next 6 weeks.

We're busy planning our trip up to NY next month. So far I have appointments with my dentist, my audiologist, the podiatrist and our tax lady. I still need one with my eye doctor.

She is similarly booked, but substitute the hand surgeon for the audiologist. She's also seeing the physical therapist.

In the midst of all that, we'll be working on getting the condo prepped for sale. That means deciding what is being gifted, what is to be donated, what will be moved th Florida and what will be sold. We'll probably be towing a U-Haul trailer on the way back down....

I've also made plans to visit with several old friends, attend the Saurday morning jam session, and go to juggling club on Sunday afternoons.

The last weekend we're there will be the annual RIT Spring Juggle-In. I've been attending for twenty-some-odd years, and don't plant to quit now. :)

On the way up we'll be stopping at my daughter's, as usual. Only, this time my 16yo granddaughter will be playing the female lead in her high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors.

My favorite musical, and she'll be playing Audrey! We'll be seeing the show twice; once when she performs the lead, and once with her understudy filling in. They always give the understudy a chance to shine for one show.

My granddaughter will still be on stage, though, both as part of an ensemble piece, and as one of the doo-wop girls.

I. Can. Not. Wait!!!!

Record rainfall today. At least an inch added to the pool but it took down the temperature. This weekend last year we had snow ringing the Valley.

I've been doing some yard work that's been neglected for a few years because of my medical condition.

I sure have to work slow and I can really feel it when I exert myself "too much." what I would have knocked out in a few hours took me an entire day and a half.

And all I did was prune a few trees and then cut and haul the branches to the curb for recycling. Also, there is no way those trees are bearing fruit this year. I whacked the heck out of them because they were so neglected.

On the way up we'll be stopping at my daughter's, as usual. Only, this time my 16yo granddaughter will be playing the female lead in her high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors.

My favorite musical, and she'll be playing Audrey! We'll be seeing the show twice; once when she performs the lead, and once with her understudy filling in. They always give the understudy a chance to shine for one show.

My granddaughter will still be on stage, though, both as part of an ensemble piece, and as one of the doo-wop girls.

I. Can. Not. Wait!!!!

Sounds like a great time to visit!!

Today was a total disaster.
On the way to U-Haul to pick up the truck, a call came in on my phone, Restricted #, so I ignored it.
Got to U-Haul, turns out it was them calling. It was an hour after my reservation time, and they were calling to see if I still needed the truck.
So when we arrived, they had NO trucks.
So I just basically took Nanilei to breakfast and we just did some cleaning at the old house.
Reserved truck for tomorrow.
We'll try again.
Grrrr...

Today was a total disaster.
On the way to U-Haul to pick up the truck, a call came in on my phone, Restricted #, so I ignored it.
Got to U-Haul, turns out it was them calling. It was an hour after my reservation time, and they were calling to see if I still needed the truck.
So when we arrived, they had NO trucks.
So I just basically took Nanilei to breakfast and we just did some cleaning at the old house.
Reserved truck for tomorrow.
We'll try again.
Grrrr...

I'm not much on answering the phone if I don't have any idea who it is. I might make an exception if I have an appointment or some other event coming up.

Top Bottom