::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Question for you Gary. We put furokake on the salmon. Should it wait until after the grill?

I squeezed lemon on my salmon filet. Might have done better with soy sauce (which I only thought of just now).

You can grill furikake. Lemon and soy sauce go really well together, basically ponzu sauce.

Salmon must be grilled apparently.

I have a few other preparations I'd like to try. "Maybe next time." Every. Time.

Do you like miso-yaki?

Usually used on oily fish like sable but salmon is excellent too. I have a fake recipe that is equal parts mayonnaise, white or red miso, and maple syrup. Mix it together and marinate the fish overnight or for four hours minimum. If you're going to grill it, I recommend rinsing it off as all the sugar will caramelize and make a mess of the grill (and turn the salmon black). In the oven I just scrape if off and bake it. Super fast and super easy versus real miso-yaki.

My first ever bathroom selfie.

My aunt heard I lost weight and wanted to see a picture.

IMG_6456.jpg

Congenital heart disease may shorten my life a bit, but all these procedures have made the quality of what's left, much much better.

Might even prolong it a bit I'm guessing.

I've been eating more casually lately. I'm going to get back on it and drop down to 215 lbs and see how I feel. If I'm not tired I might push to somewhere near or below 200 lbs. I'm pretty wide and big boned though. Somewhere around 210 might be where I settle and maintain.

Top Bottom