::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I think you and Jon have always had overcooked salmon.

I dunno, I have tasted salmon that others insist is excellent, and I just did not care for it.
It LOOKS yummy, but both Nanilei and I keep wanting to like it but it always seems too fishy to us.
Only twice have I actually eaten it and enjoyed it.
At Morimoto, as sashimi, and at another sushi place here (that is of.course now gone) where it was prepared as nigiri sushi, just braised with a torch, and topped with a garlic sauce.

Salmon isn't a favorite of mine either. But I don't have the votes to overturn Management. So I try to make the best of it.

I dunno, I have tasted salmon that others insist is excellent, and I just did not care for it.
It LOOKS yummy, but both Nanilei and I keep wanting to like it but it always seems too fishy to us.
Only twice have I actually eaten it and enjoyed it.
At Morimoto, as sashimi, and at another sushi place here (that is of.course now gone) where it was prepared as nigiri sushi, just braised with a torch, and topped with a garlic sauce.

Almost all fish tastes better raw IMHO.

Salmon doesn't taste "fishy" until it's cooked. It's the oils.

Almost all fish tastes better raw IMHO.

Salmon doesn't taste "fishy" until it's cooked. It's the oils.

I just don't like the taste of most fish, especially salmon and trout. I like shellfish of all kinds, and I like some saltwater fish I've tried. But not freshwater fish, in my experience....

I just don't like the taste of most fish, especially salmon and trout. I like shellfish of all kinds, and I like some saltwater fish I've tried. But not freshwater fish, in my experience....

My favorite cooked fish is butterfish (sable fish; black cod) and mackerel. They're both really oily. Mackerel is pretty fishy but I grew up with it so it doesn't bother me. Butter fish is just all kinds of oily goodness and mostly takes on the flavors of how it's prepared.

My favorite cooked fish is butterfish (sable fish; black cod) and mackerel. They're both really oily. Mackerel is pretty fishy but I grew up with it so it doesn't bother me. Butter fish is just all kinds of oily goodness and mostly takes on the flavors of how it's prepared.

Sole Piccata please.

I like sushi in general. But the raw salmon tastes too strong for me to like it. I leave it for Mrs Pere.

The only sushi I don't like is ikura (salmon roe: reminds me of Potzky's Ball's of Fire), Uni, the texture gets me and natto (fermented soy beans that smell like trash; nasty)

My school computer crashed.

I went old school on my wipe board for some stuff but everything else I need was on my computer.

Movie Day: Coco

since you guys were talking about it the other day

My school computer crashed.

I went old school on my wipe board for some stuff but everything else I need was on my computer.

Movie Day: Coco

since you guys were talking about it the other day

Isn't your school computer a Mac?

You must be incorrect. They never fail.

I was.

I just did a reboot and all is well in the land of Apple again.

I might need a new battery though. I think it's swollen and pushing on stuff.

I was.

I just did a reboot and all is well in the land of Apple again.

I might need a new battery though. I think it's swollen and pushing on stuff.

It might be time to get it neutered?

Last edited:
Gary, do you get Ukulele magazine? I got the latest issue today, and saw something that immediately made me think of you.

Their feature called "The Back Page", which is on page 82 in this issue, features the 442nd Infantry Regiment during WWII, and mentions the internment camps. There are two photographs of 442nd soldiers, and story four paragraphs long.

Pickup a copy, if you don't have it already....

Top Bottom