::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The news media can be so lame sometimes.
Saw a headline today "Famous Tsukiji Fishmarket closes down" and I was like "What? No way!" but then found out it is just going to a new location.
So yeah, technically it is shutting down, as it will have a new name in the new place, but how about having the headline be "Famous Tokyo fish market auction site moving" I mean talk about click bait for sure.
Speaking of fish...

Gary, do you get Ukulele magazine? I got the latest issue today, and saw something that immediately made me think of you.

Their feature called "The Back Page", which is on page 82 in this issue, features the 442nd Infantry Regiment during WWII, and mentions the internment camps. There are two photographs of 442nd soldiers, and story four paragraphs long.

Pickup a copy, if you don't have it already....

Thanks Don. I'll put that on my todo list for tomorrow.

At the little golf course bar by our house. One of the original members of Na Palapalai, Kehau Tamuré, is playing Hawaiian music.
Such a treat to hear it so close to home, and the place is not too crowded.
Just happy!

I think you and Jon have always had overcooked salmon.

I’m not a fan either. I’ll have it every so often. Sometimes it’s alright. I’ll even cook it for Sean and Chris. They love it. It has a weird underlying and lingering muddy taste to me. Fresh caught too, so I know it’s not from being farmed. I’ve had it every which way. The taste definitely doesn’t come from over cooking. I’ve had it raw, seared with undercooked middle, just cooked through where it’s delicate and moist, etc.

My favorite cooked fish is butterfish (sable fish; black cod) and mackerel. They're both really oily. Mackerel is pretty fishy but I grew up with it so it doesn't bother me. Butter fish is just all kinds of oily goodness and mostly takes on the flavors of how it's prepared.

I don’t think I’ve ever had butterfish. I love mackerel, especially the pike kind. It tends to be oilier. It’s possibly my favorite. I love halibut, yellow croaker, something my parents call king fish (but it’s not king mackerel), and some others which I have no idea what they’re called in English.

Last edited:
The salmon I have tried and actually liked is when it was from the super fatty part of the fish. I will order deep fried salmon collar on occasion at Japanese restaurant, or get a salmon skin roll.

I’m trying out a 30-day trial period working for my friend. Her demeanor is different at work, so it’s easier to see her as boss there. I’m working part of the week there and part of the week at my other job. I started yesterday. Most of the day was scheduled for training. I had a last minute appointment which cut my training short. Not complaining. :)

I’m thinking of the new job as more of a mentorship. It would be a great place to learn and grow as a therapist and pick up business skills along the way. It’s already pushing me outside my comfort zone with learning to sell/market (without being pushy) and treatment planning. I haven’t had to use the treatment planning part of my education much after school.

I’m thinking of the new job as more of a mentorship. It would be a great place to learn and grow as a therapist and pick up business skills along the way. It’s already pushing me outside my comfort zone with learning to sell/market (without being pushy) and treatment planning. I haven’t had to use the treatment planning part of my education much after school.

Sounds promising.

Top Bottom