::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Beach was wonderful, surf was a little bigger than it usually is on our side so that was fun.
One wave came up and soaked our mat and got us all wet...
Then we went to a Vienamese place for spring rolls and Banh Mi.
Came home and did yard work, now showered and relaxing in the A/C.

The stars are gorgeous tonight.

... or so it appears through the periscope.

I haven’t seen any yet. I heard it’s due to our unseasonably dry weather. I did pick up some maitake and chanterelles from the farmers’ market. I’ve never had the maitake mushrooms before. I’m wondering if they be too delicate in flavor to go with beef?

I had a buddy post a pic on FB of a whole big box full of matsutaki mushrooms.

I bought some and made rice today. So good.

We have almost everything to make fish tacos again, except the fish and cabbage.
We were lazy, and did not want to go to the store, and also did not feel like cooking the other meals we had stuff for.
So Nanilei made herself some char siu fried rice with the leftover Chinese, and I made saimin (ramen) with the rest of the leftover Chinese tossed in (sliced beef with snow peas).

It was delicious!

New York steaks were on sale Friday night for $5 a pound, so I bought three.
Two are in the freezer, and the third one I am grilling in the morning and we are having steak and egg burritos for brunch while we watch the United States Grand Prix.
Yay!

researching local clothes closets or places that give away donated clothing

I've been donating to those bins that take clothes and shoes but I suspect someone is making a profit on that. I want my donated clothing to be given away.

We have almost everything to make fish tacos again, except the fish and cabbage.
We were lazy, and did not want to go to the store, and also did not feel like cooking the other meals we had stuff for.
So Nanilei made herself some char siu fried rice with the leftover Chinese, and I made saimin (ramen) with the rest of the leftover Chinese tossed in (sliced beef with snow peas).

It was delicious!

Chinese, yum! I miss the Chinese food in Hawaii. I haven’t found that level of Chinese food in Oregon. We had a Chinese restaurant near us that was good. They closed almost a year ago. I haven’t found another one on this side of the river I like very much. Bry and I go to Panda Express for our Chinese food fix now. I did go out to one earlier this month that was really good. Their rice sucked. It didn’t even come with the entrees. How can a Chinese restaurant have sucky rice?!

Chinese, yum! I miss the Chinese food in Hawaii. I haven’t found that level of Chinese food in Oregon. We had a Chinese restaurant near us that was good. They closed almost a year ago. I haven’t found another one on this side of the river I like very much. Bry and I go to Panda Express for our Chinese food fix now. I did go out to one earlier this month that was really good. Their rice sucked. It didn’t even come with the entrees. How can a Chinese restaurant have sucky rice?!

I can't decide if Chinese restaurants are racist or genius.

That whole "hidden menu" thing baffles me. If you don't know what I'm talking about, if you ever go to Chinese restaurant with people who speak Chinese there is a whole new verbal menu that will open up to you. It's like the secret menu at In n Out but you have to speak Chinese to open up the treasure chest. The first time I noticed it was years ago after making sushi all night we went out for food with some regular customers. When the waiter came the guy ordered and all kinds of food started flowing to our table. I noticed he didn't even look at his menu so I did. I couldn't find anything we ordered on the menu so I asked him about it.

"The food in the menu is mostly for white people. I ordered more "home style" dishes and things I thought you might like to try. Most Chinese families do this."

::mind blown::

Top Bottom