::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

What makes you think you get a vote? That's something the grandkid (s) often pick FOR you....:D

You have to start with something or the kid will end up going with, "old man" or something like that.

So here’s the rest of the story. Just about the time B V-B & family were due I zoomed off to the ER. I had had bad indigestion all day and began to suspect that all that pain in my chest might be more than just a bad stomach. I didn’t think I was dying but wanted a second opinion. Took about 3 hours to sort out that it really was just a case of runaway heartburn. All better now, mostly.

It’s always better to be informed about a little heartburn than the alternative. I’m glad you got checked out.

One of my colleagues with whom I have a blooming friendship has been trying to recruit me. We talked about all the fears I had about entering into a duel (actually more) relationship. We laid the groundwork for boundaries, and I’ve agreed to apply for one of the positions she has available. We’ll see how this goes.

If it's a duel relationship I expect one of you to be left behind - dead - very quickly. I would recommend against this relationship.

There really isn't a lunch crowd but I think they make up for it on weekends and nights. With music, kinky trivia and stuff like that.

Are they brewery first, with pub attached, or brewpub that is now canning and distributing beer?

They live in the same house with the other grandma. It’s not a good scene, but it is what it is. Baby Mama is more than shy, almost a recluse. We tried several times to make a relationship while we were still here but she wouldn’t meet with us. B V-B is trying to make it work (God give him strength). He says he thinks we intimidate her. There is a tremendous economic discrepancy between the two families. They are probably below the poverty line. All the while we were here in Leavenworth we kept hearing the “train wreck” stories. Now my son stars in one of them.

The fact that you're a pair of priests could be a little intimidating as well, I suppose...

So here’s the rest of the story. Just about the time B V-B & family were due I zoomed off to the ER. I had had bad indigestion all day and began to suspect that all that pain in my chest might be more than just a bad stomach. I didn’t think I was dying but wanted a second opinion. Took about 3 hours to sort out that it really was just a case of runaway heartburn. All better now, mostly.

Ugh. I'm glad it was nothing, but trips to the ER like that feel like such wasted time. Shortly before my first wedding (yes, this should have been a sign) my heart started doing weird things - extra beats and stuff. I asked my dad to check it out. He listened for a little bit, muttered something about this being out of his field of expertise, and went to the phone to call a colleague. They talked all medical for a while then he came back and said, "get your coat - we need to go to the ER". We were there for several hours (even having one of their own physicians present with his kid doesn't seem to speed up the ER process). When the shift change came on and the new attending came to look at my EKG trace she laughed and said, "It's just PACs. Give him a beta blocker for a month or so. I'll write the prescription - pick it up in the pharmacy on your way out."

And that was it.

Exactly. Iran used to be a very forward thinking country just 40 years ago.

Except that the Shah was a dictator who was supported by a Western government who basically wanted Iran to be a submissive vassal state. Abuses of power by the Shah allowed the uprising led by the Ayatollah.

I think what we're seeing is "white" panic mode as the country becomes more beige. I think it's a last hard push to take things back the way they were before because they see the inevitable. They see that they "old money Republicans" are slowly losing control and it scares them.

I'm optimistic that eventually things will be much better and hopefully I'll be around to see if I'm somewhat correct.

It happened in Cupertino on a much smaller scale but the hate and animosity towards Indian and Chinese people was incredible until they slowly took over the political game in the area. Now city council is very diverse and it isn't the old time farming families in control.

I hope that's the case, Gary. I like to think it is, too. Look at the ages of the old white guys causing all this havoc - most of them are flirting with the nursing home. I really hope this is the last gasp of the old regime that's panicking, but I see so many people who have been freed to let their bigotry fly since 45 took the office. Way more than I would have ever expected. So as much as I hope it's the last gasp of the failing old white guy regime, I see those other signs that make me very scared and sad.

Except that the Shah was a dictator who was supported by a Western government who basically wanted Iran to be a submissive vassal state. Abuses of power by the Shah allowed the uprising led by the Ayatollah.

I didn’t say it was perfect...;)

I hope that's the case, Gary. I like to think it is, too. Look at the ages of the old white guys causing all this havoc - most of them are flirting with the nursing home. I really hope this is the last gasp of the old regime that's panicking, but I see so many people who have been freed to let their bigotry fly since 45 took the office. Way more than I would have ever expected. So as much as I hope it's the last gasp of the failing old white guy regime, I see those other signs that make me very scared and sad.

And they’re controlling it from the top. We can all be nice and kumbaya at our level but when big brother is in charge we have little control. This recent appointee has our hands seriously tied for a very long time.

I’m an old white guy too. I’m sickened by the direction our society is headed. Personal liberties are eroding. After they’re through with the women and the non-whites it’ll be everyone else who resists.

Yes I'd better be quiet. I'll be put on a list somewhere.

And they’re controlling it from the top. We can all be nice and kumbaya at our level but when big brother is in charge we have little control. This recent appointee has our hands seriously tied for a very long time.

This is the sentiment that has been going through my mind all weekend:

1480368_1.jpg

but to be fair, he did look like Ricardo Montalbon.

Top Bottom