::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

That's very cool.

I get a mention as "my high school English teacher that used to work there as a sushi chef . . ." and he also improved on my fortune cookie recipe and idea to serve that to guests with a thank you and his Instagram.

Stupid proud of this kid.

He's out there following his passion and chasing his dream.

And succeeding!

It looked like a lovely gathering! So glad you all made it.

Soo, you look great in that photo. All lean and skinny. What’s your secret?

It was a lovely gathering. I so needed the time away with friends.

Thank you! I think it’s either your sister’s photography skills or something about the lighting and how I’m dressed. I’m still chubby. Maybe even chubbier than when you last saw me in person. I gained 30 lbs since last fall, then lost 10 when I made the decision to quit the clinic job. I had lost just under 10 lbs before that job from daily job and walking with some short bursts of running. Net gain is a little over 10 lbs since UWC 10, I think. Judging by he way my clothes fit, I think I’m a little smaller in the thighs, butt, and upper arms, but bigger in the gut.

Last edited:
I've had eggplant a couple of times...just didn't appeal to me. Maybe I was just having the wrong thing.

I love it sliced long ways, brushed or misted with EVOO, little bit of S&P, then grilled until mushy on the inside. Then a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I add little chunks of a milder cheese, like chèvre or feta. Or grilled before using it for moussaka. I’ll sometime roast sliced eggplant to use in lasagne to substitute half of the pasta layers.

I made a Greek inspired dinner at the dinner at the cabin. I grilled eggplant and zucchini like above to serve as a side for a simple lemon garlic chicken pasta. So good.

Went to see Lawrence of Arabia today. I've loved that movie since it came out in 1962. This may be the last chance to see it in a theater. Probably the last chance I'm going to take to see it. If it comes around in another 10 years I won't want to pay the tab. I do love watching an epic film made with a minimum of special effects.

Thank you! I think it’s either your sister’s photography skills or something about the lighting and how I’m dressed. I’m still chubby. Maybe even chubbier than when you last saw me in person. I gained 30 lbs since last fall, then lost 10 when I made the decision to quit the clinic job. I had lost just under 10 lbs before that job from daily job and walking with some short bursts of running. Net gain is a little over 10 lbs since UWC 10, I think. Judging by he way my clothes fit, I think I’m a little smaller in the thighs, butt, and upper arms, but bigger in the gut.

Well you look fabulous! Sean too!

I love it sliced long ways, brushed or misted with EVOO, little bit of S&P, then grilled until mushy on the inside. Then a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I add little chunks of a milder cheese, like chèvre or feta. Or grilled before using it for moussaka. I’ll sometime roast sliced eggplant to use in lasagne to substitute half of the pasta layers.

I made a Greek inspired dinner at the dinner at the cabin. I grilled eggplant and zucchini like above to serve as a side for a simple lemon garlic chicken pasta. So good.
Oh that sounds good!

Last edited:
Went to see Lawrence of Arabia today. I've loved that movie since it came out in 1962. This may be the last chance to see it in a theater. Probably the last chance I'm going to take to see it. If it comes around in another 10 years I won't want to pay the tab. I do love watching an epic film made with a minimum of special effects.

Indeed it is a wonderful film.
One I have owned on VHS, then DVD, then BluRay.
I saw it coming around as the Fathom Events thing, but we could not make the screen times this year.
Nanilei and I might go next time though!

We've got loads of eggplant at the moment from the greenhouse. I grilled a few this week, pretty good, they almost look like hotdogs

We just have a variety of gourds and a pumpkin. Planted by pig.

But I have had some plants at my shop that I have kept alive for 3 months or so, and the mum I bought a week ago is still alive. So for me that is a win!

We just have a variety of gourds and a pumpkin. Planted by pig.

But I have had some plants at my shop that I have kept alive for 3 months or so, and the mum I bought a week ago is still alive. So for me that is a win!

Our tomatoes have gone crazy - not producing a ton but the plants are huge. The zucchini has seriously underperformed this year. We've had some, but just not the volume we're used to. Annie planted a tomatillo plant that is huge and covered in tomatillos, but I'm not sure they're going to get to maturity; the summer has been much cooler and wetter than usual. Emma's beans finally took off - we'll have roasted green beans for dinner tonight. She also planted some potatoes; we'll see how they've done soon enough.

Our tomatoes have gone crazy - not producing a ton but the plants are huge. The zucchini has seriously underperformed this year. We've had some, but just not the volume we're used to. Annie planted a tomatillo plant that is huge and covered in tomatillos, but I'm not sure they're going to get to maturity; the summer has been much cooler and wetter than usual. Emma's beans finally took off - we'll have roasted green beans for dinner tonight. She also planted some potatoes; we'll see how they've done soon enough.

It is weird how each season depending on the weather things do better or worse. My black raspberries were meh this year. But it may have had more to do with my neglect. I got a lot of peaches, no real plumbs which did amazing last year.

I do get it Soo! Work has been nuts and I have not been able to hit the gym so I gained 20 this last year. None of my clothes fit and I am too stubborn to buy more. Things have leveled out with work... or i am just used to the new level and I have to go into town on a regular basis not and am going to stop rationalizing away the gym. I went back for the first time in a long time last night. Now to sort my eating.

Top Bottom