::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Although it's not that new right now.

Please don't misunderstand my post on the safety belts and car seats. I believe they are good things. I was just commenting on how things were in the past.

I've been wearing seat belts since the late 50s. My father installed them in our cars. They were only lap belts then.

Yes I agree about safety equipment, I always wear my seatbelt too. Just commenting that when I was a kid I rode around without them because there were no belts where I was riding!

I remember when the school bus got seatbelts when I was in fourth or fifth grade.

Yes I agree about safety equipment, I always wear my seatbelt too. Just commenting that when I was a kid I rode around without them because there were no belts where I was riding!

I remember when the school bus got seatbelts when I was in fourth or fifth grade.

Unless it happened recently seatbelts are not required on school busses in Indiana. And I doubt many have them.

Our buses never had belts....weird.

Went to Washington's Crossing today. Yup they reenacted it a couple weeks early and they do it again Christmas day. It was fun to see. 3 boats went with the troops good times. Then we visited the houses there and learned about stuff they had a did during the war. Even seen a copy of a letter Washington wrote in Christmas day at 6pm telling about how he couldnt wait for everyone to take them by surprise. The kids liked it I think.....

Last edited:

in California? Must have been a Newport thing. We never had them here. Still don’t. Unless you ride the short bus.

Worked this weekend. Saturday at the school manning the office and running the clinic rooms. Today I had a couple private clients. Tomorrow I have to get blood taken and work on my clothing line. I’ve been neglecting it.

On Tuesday me and the girls are going to the Korean day spa. I’m treating everyone, Katie and Penny have birthdays this month. If you don’t know what a Korean day spa is, google it. They are fabulous.

in California? Must have been a Newport thing. We never had them here. Still don’t. Unless you ride the short bus.

I think it was an experiment - or a short-duration law.
We had belts one year, and then the next year had super high seat backs and pads in front - we were elementary school so we could not see a thing with those high seats, then in seventh grade I started riding my bike to school so I don't know what they have now.

I don't remember being in a car seat. Nor do I remember my sister either.

I remember a family trip in The Tank ('60s Chrysler station wagon) to Camp Blue in the Sierra Nevadas. As the youngest, I spent a lot of my time in my little cubbyhole among the luggage in back. If we'd been in a head-on collision I would have shot straight through the windshield and taken out a couple of people's heads along the way.

James prefers the backseat. When he first reached legal size for riding up front he was excited but now he’d rather ride in back with his chargers, books and some toys.

We took two cars to church yesterday (went at different times). Watching Emma decide who to ride home with was funny - if she rode with me and Annie she could be in the front seat, but would have to listen to Annie chatter all the way home. If she rode with Ben and Sheryl she would have a quiet ride, but she'd have to sit in the back. In the end she chose quiet over seating preference.

Top Bottom