::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I may have mentioned that my late uncle was manager of the Fabulous Forum in LA, former home of the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings.
We would occasionally get really great seats for events, and one of my fond memories like Gary was having courtside seats at a Globetrotters game.
I think I was maybe two or three years older than James is now at the time.
I was very much aware of who the Globetrotters were, but more from watching the animated show on Saturday mornings...
It was lots of fun, there was a large group of us, my mom, my brother, and my step-dad, plus some friends of my folks and four of their kids that were around my age.
The father of those kids was a psychiatrist and could be a little bit of a stick in the mud sometimes, and they seemed to pick on him a lot which made us all very happy.
He got the confetti bucket dumped on him and I must say I thought I was going to get wet!
One of the guys was having an argument with the ref and took off the Dr.'s glasses and put them on and then made silly faces at the ref it was hilarious.
Good times!

Last night I made cucumber kimchi, with daikon and green onions and garlic.
Tonight we are eating that along with stuffed aburage Nanilei is cooking.
Yum!

Last night I made cucumber kimchi, with daikon and green onions and garlic.
Tonight we are eating that along with stuffed aburage Nanilei is cooking.
Yum!

I made goulash.

James loves that stuff. Made it a couple weeks ago because I was out of ideas and I saw a picture while looking for recipes for school.

If it's Monday it must be therapy.

After that I was called upon to drive my brother in law to the hospital for a transfusion. Came back to get him and was told another hour and forty five minutes. So one more trip for the return home. I don't know what is going on but this was quite a few times since Christmas. He keeps coming up short on red blood cells.

After that I was called upon to drive my brother in law to the hospital for a transfusion. Came back to get him and was told another hour and forty five minutes. So one more trip for the return home. I don't know what is going on but this was quite a few times since Christmas. He keeps coming up short on red blood cells.

The difference, before and after, is amazing. Before he is exhausted walking from the house to the car and after the procedure he is back to normal.

The difference, before and after, is amazing. Before he is exhausted walking from the house to the car and after the procedure he is back to normal.

I guess that's what they do (or used to do) in the Tour de France.
Imagine someone already in peak physical shape with amazing cardio endurance and then they add a bunch more red blood cells - super human stamina.

I wonder if I've mis-remembered the variety of crab. I know her parents caught them in Oregon....

Well, were they little with a blue tint to them or were they larger and red? Blue crabs and dungenous look totally different.

Yesterday we drove out to Westport. It’s an active fishing town. It was sunny and gorgeous. We have had beautiful weather since we arrived. Cold and sunny. Today it will rain all day, and that’s just fine by me.

Yesterday we drove out to Westport. It’s an active fishing town. It was sunny and gorgeous. We have had beautiful weather since we arrived. Cold and sunny. Today it will rain all day, and that’s just fine by me.

I used to not like the rain all that much just because I'm used to having it sunny most of the time.

I'm starting to enjoy and appreciate the rain too. Not so much the cold but I don't mind the wet stuff coming down.

Top Bottom