Page 2532 of 2532 FirstFirst ... 15322032243224822522253025312532
Results 25,311 to 25,317 of 25317

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    The hospital where my kids were born had great food. Sheryl ordered milkshake after milkshake...
    I think it's the drugs.

The food doesn't smell that great and her "beef stew" last night looked like a warmed up can of Alpo.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

My grandmother is at a county hospital.

Maybe they have better food at county?

Grandpa was at Kaiser and he was on a "heart healthy" and "diabetic" restricted diet. Dreadful.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Thanks all for the good thoughts for the grandparents.

Grandma isn't in any pain so they must have her hopped up on good meds. She keeps claiming there's a guy on the roof outside of her room. She was freaking out my sisters because she was talking about him and saying "he's right there!" while they were visiting.

I'm thinking the seeing things goes along with the not feeling any pain part
    Elderly people in hospitals (or facilities) often get "sundowners" when they're disoriented and say and see weird things. They're perfectly normal during the day and then get weird at night.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

BTW, that guy abandoned his practice soon after that and headed to another state/country. They were after him for insurance fraud.
    Wow! Do you wish you'd sued - at least to get whatever your out-of-pocket was?
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

My grandmother is at a county hospital.

Maybe they have better food at county?

Grandpa was at Kaiser and he was on a "heart healthy" and "diabetic" restricted diet. Dreadful.
    Yeah, restricted diets can be awful. The hospital where Sheryl had the kids was a non-Kaiser hospital that we had a contract with. Kaiser closed the hospital where I started with the company (and where I was born) in about 1996 or so. Ben was one of the very first Kaiser kids born at St. Vincent (born a month after the contract started). (The old hospital is now Adidas' United States headquarters.) We opened our new hospital about 6 years or so ago. Annie was born in the final years of the contract with St. Vincent.
    The PoHo Store

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Wow! Do you wish you'd sued - at least to get whatever your out-of-pocket was?
    See, that's the thing. My insurance covered everything so I wasn't out of money that was my own. I still had my teeth, albeit with a lot more silver but they were still there.

I had also dated one of the dental assistants and that's how I ended up with that guy in the first place.

If I had known those two teeth were going to give me problems later on, I might have sued, but there was no way to know. My buddy extracted the fillings and replaced them with amalgam (?) so they wouldn't show and I was good with that.

Passionately Untalented

See, that's the thing. My insurance covered everything so I wasn't out of money that was my own. I still had my teeth, albeit with a lot more silver but they were still there.

I had also dated one of the dental assistants and that's how I ended up with that guy in the first place.

If I had known those two teeth were going to give me problems later on, I might have sued, but there was no way to know. My buddy extracted the fillings and replaced them with amalgam (?) so they wouldn't show and I was good with that.
    Probably replaced the amalgam with more modern materials.
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

Thread Information