::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

How's the new place?

Nanilei likes it, so that is a win.
I am warming to it, but it is a townhome, split level, no garage.
I like the location, but TheBus is not as convenient.
I like that it is much closer to the local beach we frequent.
I like that there are two pools and a fitness center nearby.
I just miss our old place, it really felt like home.

Nanilei likes it, so that is a win.
I am warming to it, but it is a townhome, split level, no garage.
I like the location, but TheBus is not as convenient.
I like that it is much closer to the local beach we frequent.
I like that there are two pools and a fitness center nearby.
I just miss our old place, it really felt like home.

I guess you didn't have the luxury of taking your time to look for the "perfect" place so your feelings are probably pretty normal.

OMG.

Reading Chp. 2 & 3 of the Kite Runner for the 2nd time today and I still have to read it again one more class.

Last edited:
You read it to them? Teachers quit doing that in 4th grade back in the year '61.

I find they pay closer attention and I'm able to stop and discuss much easier. I point out the stuff they'll gloss over and miss and teach them to look for the context clues and the stylistic nuances of the writer. It's like training them to read critically, not just giving them a list of what to look for.

It's tedious but pays off dividends in their understanding and analysis.

I find they pay closer attention and I'm able to stop and discuss much easier. I point out the stuff they'll gloss over and miss and teach them to look for the context clues and the stylistic nuances of the writer. It's like training them to read critically, not just giving them a list of what to look for.

You're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

We read out loud in massage school. The instructor and the students. I remember thinking it was odd at first but after awhile I realized it did help me to comprehend better. I see it helps the ESL students also.

On that thought. It's time for my yearly visit to Dr. Probe. Here's hoping to be unremarkable.

Well our snow period is supposed to be over for this round. It's still chilly, but Sunday is supposed to get up in the upper 50s. So we got that going for us. Spring is coming.

Top Bottom