::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Woke to the usual cat food, cat puke, and cat pee dramas this morning. My days are really much better when the first thing I smell is coffee.

I put my cat to sleep last week. It will take me six months to de-stink that room

It's 69° on the lanai this morning! So very pleasant. I'll miss the summer heat soon enough, but in this moment? Bliss.

67 now with a high of 87 they say. Right now it's lovely, we'll have to see how humid it gets this afternoon.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Spouse is leveling the bottom of the tree blind stand, which was constructed and raised yesterday. Hugo gets anxious when daddy just heads out into the woods, because he's a bit of a shepherd - likes to know where everyone is. So we walk out to the blind with him, then Hugo and I come back to the house. That way Hugo is more relaxed because he knows where everyone is.

Right by the blind it smells like wet fur. Hopefully the bear have moved on for the day. If not, spouse is heavily insured. Just kidding but that legit is another reason to keep the trails wide enough for the truck to go down, because it's not like I could drag his maimed body down the trail. I can barely drag MY maimed body down the trail.

We watch the singing shows. After the experience of quite a few of them I can pick out when a singer misses the notes better. I go back and listen to performances of classic songs by the original artist and see the flaws. It kinda spoils these a little bit. Or maybe it's the realization that nobody's perfect. Many times it's more about the passion of the performance than perfection.

Everyone's a critic, right?

Just a thought.

I think it depends on if you consider the "original" to be the starting point or the finishing line?

No babies left in strollers yesterday.

I’m starting to think there’s “California Fat” and “Mid-West Fat” by chatting with people in lines. “California Fat” seems to be a more “solid” fat if that makes sense (in shape fat?).

Had dinner at Blur Bayou. Way overpriced and over rated if you ask me.

I saw far more flat stomachs in San Diego this week than I would ever see at home.

Morning kids.

I'm pausing periodically for my own "story time". So...

Y'all remember when my stepdaughter got arrested and indicted, right? That was 2 years ago and she's been living with her mom on pre trial supervision, during which time she got preggo with grandboy. So she finally just got sentenced, and she'll do a year in prison. She's home again, though, awaiting a letter to give her a report date and location. Interestingly, that location could be anywhere, as there aren't many federal women's prisons. 29, I think.

Grandboy will stay with spouse's ex and her husband, where he's lived his whole life, for maximum stability. Once stepkid exits prison, she and grandboy are moving ... in with us. She'll have 2 years of probation post prison.

So that's my "why is this my life" update.

My kid, on the other hand, is now attending ASU and doing well on all obvious fronts. So we'll take it.

I got certified and thoroughly indoctrinated in the buddy system. Then went on a pretty fancy dive trip with my FIL. He and the others on the trip were there for the photography; screw the dive buddy.

Great opportunity and adventure, but not a great way to dive.

I think our dive class was several weekends. Classroom, then high school pool, then local lake.

I don't care for sports at all, but the way you look at the learning process is really interesting and pleasant to me.

Sports is a great learning tool for work ethic, working as a group, being supportive of others, how to lose/win with grace, preparation/planning etc. but I think what's most important is for the parent to put it all in perspective. Like anything else it's a process. I always tell James "We don't lose. We win or we learn and it's not all about winning."

I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite as a kid. I HATED to lose. My dad always reminds me that I yelled at him once when he was congratulating me on second place, "SECOND PLACE IS FIRST LOSER!"

I was a little over the top competitive.

So, yesterday a SJSU student was arrested with two fire arms and extra ammo.

He was on his way to Homestead (my school) to shoot band students and any teachers he saw. Like many crazies he first posted his intentions on social media (messaged some kids) and the kids told a teacher, who in turn called the police. They arrested him as he was leaving the dorms.

the kids say he graduated last year and he didn't have any friends. He felt like even the band kids hated him and that's why he couldn't make friends in college either.

We talked about how differently this could have turned out if just one student showed him some compassion. We had a good talk this morning and this is in my culinary class.

Disagree. Why "hide"? Menstruation happens. To like 50% of the human race. Who cares?

Teenage boys - and the problem is THEIRS. I agree with you, Freeds. I've never had an issue buying "feminine products" if asked to. Pretty obvious they're not for me; also obvious that someone I care about has a need for them - why shouldn't I be the one to buy them.

Teenage boys - and the problem is THEIRS. I agree with you, Freeds. I've never had an issue buying "feminine products" if asked to. Pretty obvious they're not for me; also obvious that someone I care about has a need for them - why shouldn't I be the one to buy them.

I take that back - I had an issue buying tampons once, but it was after the fact. BECAUSE IT MEANT SUKIE AND I WEREN'T IN THE STRAWBERRY FIELDS GROUP PICTURE.

Top Bottom