::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Don't

Where 'bouts?
If Kansas City eat BBQ (but you know that). Gates is my preference. WWI Museum, Steamship Arabia, Truman Library, Airline Museum at Downtown Airport.
If Topeka there's a Kansas History museum (you might see a diorama of the Caveman/Dinosaur War), not much else.
Wichita is too far for me to have any opinions, but I have peeps there and can ask.

We will be heading to Ohio for a family wedding next Wednesday through the following Monday. Don't know about a PoHo meet up.

What part of Ohio?

Actually better that way. You'll read faster the less you try to "pronounce" the words in your head.

I was told this Sunday that this is how my pastor was taught to read the names in the bible in school... Because if you read it quickly and with confidence nobody will question it!

Don got his info from this guy

original.jpg

Wait! Maybe Don is Biff and he's been storing the almanac in a coffee tin all these years?

We're in KC and Wichita. We'll miss you completely in KC, but I doubt there would have been time for a PoHo meetup in any case-- that part's a whirlwind. Most of the time will be spent in Wichita.

We ate at Gates last trip (yum) and went to the top of the WWI memorial, but not to the museum. The KC portion of the trip is mostly about catching up with old friends, so it will be more visiting than sightseeing anyway.

From a friend who moved from Wichita last year. . .
"Locally owned restaurants and brew pubs are booming in Wichita. Lively local music scene. In each case you have to dig some to find the jewels but they're there. It's changed even since I moved away nearly a year ago. The Wichita Art Museum is unique; it's all american art. One of my favorite older style restaurants is Larkspur Bistro & Bar. If they enjoy a more rustic atmosphere, The Anchor often has more than 80 beers on tap, but do check for summer hours. For true Kansas flavor and a little bit of the outdoors, go see the Keeper of the Plains, by iconic Native American Artist Blackbear Bosin, and the surrounding river walk. Wichita is a good Jazz town so keep your eye on recent music listings."

I was told this Sunday that this is how my pastor was taught to read the names in the bible in school... Because if you read it quickly and with confidence nobody will question it!

In the Episcopal Church we do our best to emulate the pronunciations of upper crust English clergy.

From a friend who moved from Wichita last year. . .
"Locally owned restaurants and brew pubs are booming in Wichita. Lively local music scene. In each case you have to dig some to find the jewels but they're there. It's changed even since I moved away nearly a year ago. The Wichita Art Museum is unique; it's all american art. One of my favorite older style restaurants is Larkspur Bistro & Bar. If they enjoy a more rustic atmosphere, The Anchor often has more than 80 beers on tap, but do check for summer hours. For true Kansas flavor and a little bit of the outdoors, go see the Keeper of the Plains, by iconic Native American Artist Blackbear Bosin, and the surrounding river walk. Wichita is a good Jazz town so keep your eye on recent music listings."

Thanks! Our time in Wichita is all family, all the time, so we'll be focused on events that are both grandparent- and kid-friendly. The art museum sounds great, and I'm intrigued by Keeper of the Plains-- both the statue itself and the surrounding areas look strlking.

I was never very French... Hope your morning is going well Padre :)

Well...my background (part of it) is Norman French. Well, we left Normandy for England in 1066 and stayed there. You may have heard of my many-degrees-great grandfather? William I, also known as the conqueror?

When I first started being the liturgist at my old church the pastor said, "nobody really knows the correct pronunciation of ancient names and places anyway, so go for it your way and you'll be as close to correct as anybody else."

Top Bottom