::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

The text of Mayor Kirk Caldwell's emergency proclamation says utility workers, law enforcement, first responders, and homeless are exempt...

Kinda hard to stay home if you don't have a home.

Just received email that tomorrow is my last day going in to work for a while.
My office will close tomorrow at 4:30 pm and all on-site work is to be suspended. Only what is deemed "essential" on-site work will be permitted.
We do have some medical clients and state government etc so I imagine if I get called in for that I must, otherwise they said be prepared to work 100% remote for the next six weeks.

If you use a big monitor at work, bring it home. I found rather quickly that I didn't have enough screen space to work solely from my laptop screen. I also brought a few things I routinely grab for off of my desk (for me, stapler, paper clips). I don't often need them from home but it's kind of comforting to see them in the same place. I also brought home a picture of the three of us from La Hiki. Looks kinda like my desk from work.

Hey coffee aficionados, years back you recommended a Hario slim line grinder as a good grinder for small amounts of coffee. I bought it. I love it. But now that I'm using it every day and not just the weekends I'm getting tired of cranking that thing.

Can you suggest an equally good, 1-2 batch electric grinder? I saw a few "blade" models but I think I remember you telling me to stay away from those.

thanks!

I saw the potus yesterday afternoon. I didn't watch a long time but I heard him refer to the virus as the Chinese virus twice in that time. Xenophobic much?

Yeah, if it is happening I wouldn’t be surprised. I know they don’t want a total lock down but people are stupid. I just hope Marshall Law doesn’t happen, then the gun nuts will emerge. (And I don’t mean you at all)

Who's Marshall Law? Related to Jude?

RL Kid doesn’t get “Shelter In Place”. Most of his lifestyle is sedentary anyway. One of his piping teachers is over FaceTime. It’s the food part. He doesn’t understand that grocery stores are wiped out and his favorite foods and beverages are in short supply.

Just another fun fact.

How's he doing with that? How are you doing meeting his needs/wants?

I was jonesing for a soda the other night.

Mika just dropped off two twelve packs of Diet Dr. Pepper and went about foraging again.

She even wiped them down so I wouldn't get sick. She won't let me leave for anywhere public. I'm allowed to walk around the neighborhood but that's about it.

How much time is she spending out there? Sheryl has done our shopping, but goes with a list that means repeat trips will be kept at a minimum. Buying what we can over the internet these days - 25 pounds of flour arrived on Saturday...

More MoJo needed.

B V-B is coming. He’s moving here from Kansas City. He said goodbye to baby & mama yesterday and hit the road this morning. He has the vast expanse of western Kansas to go, plus crossing Oklahoma, Texas and into New Mexico. He’s aiming for Albuquerque tonight, which is a damned long day in the saddle for a solo driver.

Then there’s the challenge of fitting him into the household, but one thing at a time.

Oh dear. Good luck - especially with the forced togetherness these days. Will he respect a shelter-in-place type environment?

With this corona virus stuff, I decided to try to learn a new instrument. I was thinking maybe the ukulele. What are your thoughts for a newbie? Is this the right instrument for me?

I have seriously been considering picking mine up, too!

Side note. Who would have known that being onpisitve blood that I should not eat gluten...that's according to the webs....

Okay - the key word in here is the trouble, but I'm going to take a stab at it - O Positive blood? If so...that's bunk. But of course, everything about gluten that doesn't come from certified medical professionals is likely to be bunk anyway.

We finally got our menu together for the next couple of weeks. I went out yesterday to pick.up what we still needed and the store I went to had basically bare shelves. It was not like that on Friday.
Then I checked my email and saw the Mayor's proclamation.
So folks must have made a run on the stores.
I hope I can find some of the things today (diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, zucchini, cabbage) to get us a couple more meals ready.
If not, we'll make do.
I am sure we will be ok.
I will just have to try again in a few days I guess.

Getting ready for what will likely be my last trip to Honolulu for a while.

Oh and Gary I have a Dell 30" ultra sharp monitor for home - it lets me tile up to four remote screens at once - great for working from home.

Top Bottom