::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It's Thursday morning, so I'm off to play pickleball in a bit. I play three to five times a week, and I'm enjoying the exercise. I also ride my bike over when I play, so there's some extra exercise, too.

There's no jam session tonight, as it's the third Thursday of the month, and the room is booked for something else. Our numbers are dwindling, but I still enjoy it....

My neighbor just came over to leave off some donations for the rummage sale at Elaine's church this weekend. I was surprised to see a guitar amongst the other stuff.

It's a Fender Squire six string acoustic, made in China. It appears to be virtually new. I gave it a quick look-over, and I see that the action appears to be high. Also, the bridge is beginning to lift a bit. I think it looks fine, otherwise.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make a donation to the sale and keep the guitar. I'd have to have the bridge reglued, and have it set up. Maybe give it to my granddaughter?

I'm off to the interwebs, to see what it sells for, new....

Looks to be quite inexpensive; maybe $150, although I didn't find any new ones listed anywhere.

I guess I'll tune it up, and see what it sounds like....

Desperately seeking gumption in a cup of coffee.

I'm finding I'm really losing interest in coffee.

I didn't drink coffee until James was born and drank it begrudgingly for survival. Started to appreciate the nuances in flavors/roasts. Loved some of the pricier stuff. Started ordering from Kona in 3-5# batches. Had heart procedures and now coffee is "meh" again.

I don't think the heart procedures had anything to do with it, but it was that exact time that I started to feel like I could take it or leave it. Mostly leave it these days to be honest. Maybe because I'm getting better, more restful sleep I don't need the caffeine?

who knows?

It's Thursday morning, so I'm off to play pickleball in a bit. I play three to five times a week, and I'm enjoying the exercise. I also ride my bike over when I play, so there's some extra exercise, too.

There's no jam session tonight, as it's the third Thursday of the month, and the room is booked for something else. Our numbers are dwindling, but I still enjoy it....

How are your knees holding up?

Aloha Kakahiaka PoHos!
Riding TheBus to TheAirport.
I hope there are no delays this afternoon.
We have been blowing off grocery shopping since TheWeekend and now we really must go when I land.

In other news, my brother is Eeyore.
I called him yesterday.
Most awkward conversation ever.
I just don't know what to say to him anymore.
I wish him well I really do.

In other news, my brother is Eeyore.
I called him yesterday.
Most awkward conversation ever.
I just don't know what to say to him anymore.
I wish him well I really do.

Maybe he needs to visit you in Hawaii.

Catch some of that alohaness

Just got back from Indy. Tookta was sworn in as a citizen today. I really enjoy the event, had 98 people from 38 countries. Burma had the most this time by far which surprised me. The middle aged lady from El Salvador was my favorite, she was so happy.

Wait - didn't Matt already do that? Did he beat his mom? Not that any of that matters - if I was the judge performing the ceremony I think my first question would have been, "Are you ABSOLUTELY sure?"

All joking aside - congratulations to Tookta!

I just point to something on the menu and then ask the waiter/waitress what it says. :D

I can't bring myself to follow the new trend of using "waiter" for "waitress", and "actor" for "actress" - especially when women object to being called "men", "guys", or "boys" when in a mixed group.

I have transitioned to "server". Flight attendant was an easy one for me as well. I still stumble with actor/actress and I will still refer to a mixed group as "guys" though to me that has always meant just a group of people. Still, I can understand the objection - I would probably be a little taken aback if someone referred to a mixed group as "gals". Privilege means using one's own gender/group identity as the generic for everyone, though. I took a class during my first term at Iliff in Fall of 2017 that was life changing. It was called Identity, Power, and Difference and focused on all this stuff. It is required for all students at Iliff and should be required for all humans.

Top Bottom