::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I have a super short week. Yesterday I was off for a teacher work day. My school has us work two extra days in the summer and then we take a day off in October and one in March so that every month has a day off.

And Friday I have off for two doctor appointments.

Ohhhhh. You work on what would otherwise have been a vacation day in the Summer and in exchange take a day off in October. Gotcha.

What are the chances of a cardiologist being able to write a prescription for the new Apple Watch? It has an EKG monitor built into it and I could save myself a few doctor trips by sending him my information versus going in for an EKG once or twice a month.

I think I need to go in once a month for a couple years before they start doing them less frequently.

I doubt the Apple watch provides the full information they're looking for. However, you should write to Apple and offer to be a test subject and see if they'll comp you a watch anyway.

What are the chances of a cardiologist being able to write a prescription for the new Apple Watch? It has an EKG monitor built into it and I could save myself a few doctor trips by sending him my information versus going in for an EKG once or twice a month.

I think I need to go in once a month for a couple years before they start doing them less frequently.

Did I ever mention that I learned to be an EKG tech during a strike once about 20 years ago? It was an interesting couple of weeks. Learning to do it was simple - it was just a matter of knowing where to put the sticky pads. Being called to pre-op to do it in an urgent situation with the surgeon watching was a little nerve wracking, though.

Honey Crisp or Fuji Apples?

I just had my first honey crisp. Delightful combination of tart and sweet, probably amazing with a tiny bit of salt but that's not an option anymore. Super crunchy. The skin wasn't too thick nor sour/bitter. I liked it.

But I think if I had to choose, I would stick with Fuji.

When I write informally (like here) I will use punctuation to reflect my own inflection more than I do when I write formally (like for school). When I write for school I stick to strict grammar (ALWAYS using the Oxford comma when called for, of course). For the most part I couldn't care less what people's forum grammar is like, though Ken can really leave me scratching my head at times. Gary is the only one I really watch, because he deserves it.

I'm okay with that. I feel special.

(and occasionally kind of dumb for making the mistakes that I really don't care about here)

I doubt the Apple watch provides the full information they're looking for. However, you should write to Apple and offer to be a test subject and see if they'll comp you a watch anyway.

I know a guy in the watch division but I think I'd have to talk to the app developers.

Did I ever mention that I learned to be an EKG tech during a strike once about 20 years ago? It was an interesting couple of weeks. Learning to do it was simple - it was just a matter of knowing where to put the sticky pads. Being called to pre-op to do it in an urgent situation with the surgeon watching was a little nerve wracking, though.

It takes longer to attach all the leads, than it does for the actual test.

I just had my first honey crisp. Delightful combination of tart and sweet, probably amazing with a tiny bit of salt but that's not an option anymore. Super crunchy. The skin wasn't too thick nor sour/bitter. I liked it.

I still prefer honeycrisp. My favorite apple.

You probably know this, but those AED kits on the walls of public places contain a razor to shave hairy people so the electrode pads work.

Certainly worth asking. Sounds plausible to me....

...and tear the new one in the exact same place.

This is, of course, a possibility!

My coat has been dropped off for repair. This new tear is much smaller than the first one, and smaller than I had remembered. This one could probably be covered by a quarter. But, it sucks that it is in the same place as before. I get it back in a week....

Between those two, I'd choose the Honeycrisp.

But my favorite Apple is the Empire, which have JUST become available again....

My favourite apples are honey crisp and pink lady. Both are ridiculously expensive here, like $3 or more per pound when available.
I just get whatever is on sale, which is usually Fuji, braeburn, or Pacific rose.
I have an apple as part of my lunch almost every day.

Top Bottom