::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Nope. My spiritual sight is impaired these days but my vision’s pretty good. Mrs Pere had retinal issues and cataract surgery before we moved.

Oh, well someone I know just did this. They said it can happen from the eye just being too dry. Pretty common.

In other news: I think I set a new personal best record at the blood lab this morning. They took 18 tubes of blood. This is partly because I volunteered to be part of a research study during my treatment.

Hopefully, something they learn from me will help some future patients and make their treatment a little better....

The other research study I volunteered for involves tissue samples. When I get tumor biopsies, or bone marrow biopsies, they take a little extra tissue for the use of the research study.

Same reasoning; hoping to help some future cancer patients through whatever they might learn from me....

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Today may very well be one of the happiest days of my life....

I dropped in by chance to see how you were doing. Wow. Incredible news! So happy for you!

I am still so stoked over this morning's great news. I'm not sure I've fully processed it, yet....

I’m really happy for you too!

I had high hopes for you when you said you were getting the T-cell treatment, based on the results of my coworker’s son.

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Today may very well be one of the happiest days of my life....

Don, am so tickled by your good news!! Doing a happy dance around the livingroom. Keep up the good work. Hope you and your wife can get some much needed and well deserved rest now. ((Don))

I weighed in yesterday morning at 174 pounds, up from my low of 165. Her campaign to put weight back on me is working.

The trick will be to stop the weight gain when I get to where I'd like to be (200), and not continue to gain weight until I'm overweight again....

I weighed in yesterday morning at 174 pounds, up from my low of 165. Her campaign to put weight back on me is working.

The trick will be to stop the weight gain when I get to where I'd like to be (200), and not continue to gain weight until I'm overweight again....

You're trying to put weight on and I'm trying to lose it, using an exercise bike.

Top Bottom