::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We got the price for a new furnace at Lynn's. $2838 Which is about $1000 more than I was hoping. C'est la vie.

It's supposed to happen Thursday.

Yeah, isn’t amalgam the silver stuff?

I loath dental work. We’re finally getting our health and dental insurance back. I don’t want to think what the dentist is going to find wrong in my mouth. It’s been 18 months since I’ve had a cleaning let alone xrays done.

I am WAY overdue for a dental cleaning. The cancer center told me not to go to the dentist until they clear it. The chances of getting an infection are too high.

I'm not supposed to do things that could break the skin or cause bleeding. No shaving with a razor, no use of nail clippers, no toothpicks, no dental floss. And, no dentist.

I normally go twice a year, but haven't been since I got sick. I'm actually looking forward to a good cleaning....

I am WAY overdue for a dental cleaning. The cancer center told me not to go to the dentist until they clear it. The chances of getting an infection are too high.

I'm not supposed to do things that could break the skin or cause bleeding. No shaving with a razor, no use of nail clippers, no toothpicks, no dental floss. And, no dentist.

I normally go twice a year, but haven't been since I got sick. I'm actually looking forward to a good cleaning....

I must admit that, at this point, I cheat with the nail clippers, toothpicks and dental floss. It was making me crazy not to use them.

The dentist, though, will make my gums bleed. I'm still avoiding that visit until further notice....

18 months isn't the end of the world. For some folks it's years. I go every six months. Which almost seems like over kill. But it's what's recommend. When I had dental insurance I didn't go regular. Now that I don't I go. Crazy, right? I have a Cigna discount plan now which takes off at minimum 20 percent. A crown still is about $1000.

Yeah, I usually go every 4-6 months, gum problems. We signed up the expensive plan (PPO) just so I can get back to my regular dentist, $80 a month. She knows me and my messed up mouth.

I must admit that, at this point, I cheat with the nail clippers, toothpicks and dental floss. It was making me crazy not to use them.

The dentist, though, will make my gums bleed. I'm still avoiding that visit until further notice....

Oh gosh, I’d go nuts if I couldn’t floss. And my gums would bleed like crazy if I stopped for any period of time.

Oh gosh, I’d go nuts if I couldn’t floss. And my gums would bleed like crazy if I stopped for any period of time.

What’s the best string to floss with, A string or high G? Also, tie floss holder or string through? Laminate or solid? HHG for certain. Rick would know.

(I’m just being wry, adding the occasional uke reference to the thread.)

Yeah, isn’t amalgam the silver stuff?

I loath dental work. We’re finally getting our health and dental insurance back. I don’t want to think what the dentist is going to find wrong in my mouth. It’s been 18 months since I’ve had a cleaning let alone xrays done.

I thought the silver stuff was silver. I thought amalgam was the white stuff.

I have the white stuff! Actually both teeth that got worked on are gone. One is now an implant because the tooth cracked in half and the other is a crown because it was mostly "amalgam." Actually I have two crowns. I broke one of my front teeth racing Moto-cross when I was a kid.

18 months isn't the end of the world. For some folks it's years. I go every six months. Which almost seems like over kill. But it's what's recommend. When I had dental insurance I didn't go regular. Now that I don't I go. Crazy, right? I have a Cigna discount plan now which takes off at minimum 20 percent. A crown still is about $1000.

I go every four months. My insurance plan covers check-ups every four months so I go every four months.

What’s the best string to floss with, A string or high G? Also, tie floss holder or string through? Laminate or solid? HHG for certain. Rick would know.

(I’m just being wry, adding the occasional uke reference to the thread.)

What's a uke?!

Your ukulele does not need to be flossed.

Last edited:
I thought the silver stuff was silver. I thought amalgam was the white stuff.

I have the white stuff! Actually both teeth that got worked on are gone. One is now an implant because the tooth cracked in half and the other is a crown because it was mostly "amalgam." Actually I have two crowns. I broke one of my front teeth racing Moto-cross when I was a kid.

Amalgam is silver/mercury. It's nothing to worry about - the mercury is bound up in the filling and doesn't cause poisoning. I have eight amalgam fillings I got when I was a kid and have never had to have a filling since then.

Amalgam is silver/mercury. It's nothing to worry about - the mercury is bound up in the filling and doesn't cause poisoning. I have eight amalgam fillings I got when I was a kid and have never had to have a filling since then.

My dentist replaced all of mine. They were starting to fall out. Fine with me. I think I have one silver one left.

My dentist replaced all of mine. They were starting to fall out. Fine with me. I think I have one silver one left.

Mine were replaced too. My dentist said they were “leaking”. My two crowns are gold, not porcelain. Now I have a purdy mouth.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Apparently I came home with a disease from BCUF. Lynn came by with some antibiotics for me. Now it's just a waiting game.

Top Bottom