::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Maybe this one is a little less offensive?

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

I remember when ascii art was cool because it was the ONLY way to get "graphics" on a computer. Now it's cool in a retro way.

Blue sky and sunshine right now. Only in the twenties for a high today. Kinda winter like Friday through Sunday or Monday. I guess not every day is paradise.

We were supposed to have snow this week. We've been cheated out of it. Sigh. It is fun every once in a while.

I like spicy foods and hot sauces, but I don't like when it completely dominates the flavor. If all you taste is heat, you mask the food. Maybe crap cooks do this on purpose?!

I like a little heat on the tail end of a bite to accentuate not overpower.

Same here. I have a habanero barbecue sauce that I picked up at a farmer's market by Ben's apartment last fall - it is amazing. There's a hint of heat, but the flavor is sublime. Hot for the sake of hot is obnoxious. Hot as an accent to flavor is wonderful.

If Lana'i is not that big of a deal, what about Molokai?

I have only been to Molokai once, when I was about seven or eight years old.
I hear it has not really changed much.
In my opinion that is a good thing.
I think the main hotel there, a Sheraton, is no longer a hotel but has been converted to condos.
So Airbnb/VRBO might be your best bet for lodging.

Nanilei and I want to go explore, as Molokai remains the only island we have not visited together.
She also went just once when she was a little kid.

Not much to do there, but we like it that way.
Very rural and jungle-y there, lots of hiking and beautiful uncrowded beaches, but I also hear the beaches are not crowded because you must 4 wheel drive + hike to get to many of them (or boat).
I know some beaches are accessible easily, like for example the former Sheraton is on a nice big beach. That Sheraton is where we stayed in the late 70's.

I have only been to Molokai once, when I was about seven or eight years old.
I hear it has not really changed much.
In my opinion that is a good thing.
I think the main hotel there, a Sheraton, is no longer a hotel but has been converted to condos.
So Airbnb/VRBO might be your best bet for lodging.

Nanilei and I want to go explore, as Molokai remains the only island we have not visited together.
She also went just once when she was a little kid.

Not much to do there, but we like it that way.
Very rural and jungle-y there, lots of hiking and beautiful uncrowded beaches, but I also hear the beaches are not crowded because you must 4 wheel drive + hike to get to many of them (or boat).
I know some beaches are accessible easily, like for example the former Sheraton is on a nice big beach. That Sheraton is where we stayed in the late 70's.

I hear the snorkeling/diving is really good on Lana'i. Maybe we'll eventually do day trips to each place.

Apparently there is a "can't pass up this deal" to the Big Island/Hapuna that we are taking advantage of, so this July will be Oahu mostly for the food, festival and friends. Then Maui to meet up with our friends and then on to the Big Island with them as well. Hoping to see my friends in Kihei this time. We never made it down to that part of the island the last time we were on Maui.

I hear the snorkeling/diving is really good on Lana'i. Maybe we'll eventually do day trips to each place.

Apparently there is a "can't pass up this deal" to the Big Island/Hapuna that we are taking advantage of, so this July will be Oahu mostly for the food, festival and friends. Then Maui to meet up with our friends and then on to the Big Island with them as well. Hoping to see my friends in Kihei this time. We never made it down to that part of the island the last time we were on Maui.

Chuck loves the Hapuna.

Top Bottom