::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Got several miles of snowshoeing in today. Nice day.

UV rays were reflecting quite a bit. Going to have a nice tan!

The pool is full. Now for the sun to heat it up.

The pool here is closed for repairs, and will be for several more weeks. The tenants aren't happy about it, as they really enjoy the pool.

But then, they'd be upset if it weren't maintained, too. You've got to take the bad with the good, I guess.

They're re-surfacing the concrete deck around the pool, which involves removing the old, worn surface, and re-doing it with new concrete. Hopefully, it'll be real nice once it's done....

Last week we, too, had colder than normal temperatures. Nothing to compare with up north, but colder than our usual.

It's much nicer, now, and folks are enjoying their outdoor activities again. It'll be nice to play pickleball without feeling the need to bundle up....

Woke up with the dread thought that the pool was leaking. Instead we have rain in the desert this morning. Even this far into the heart of the city I can smell the creosote, the characteristic smell of a desert rain.

Last edited:
Woke up with the dread thought that the pool was leaking. Instead we have rain in the desert this morning. Even this far into the heart of the city I can smell the creosote, the characteristic smell of a desert rain.

I love that smell.

Woke up with a very bad case of vertigo. I can’t move. Tried to do the Eply maneuver and puked. Just laying still hoping it will pass. Mike brings me food and stuff. This is miserable.

Mrs Pere has made her "vegetable chili" for the Super Bowl. It bears about as much relationship to real chili as a veggie reuben. I expect to significantly re-season my bowl. It's really just vegetable stew.

Just smile and wave.

The only good thing about the “chili” is the hope I hold out for the the eventual bean aftermath. I’m completely mystified how to season it into palatabilty.

Top Bottom